the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 Acura RDX, Remote Start Module Progamming, ADS ALCA

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
h3er0 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2020 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote h3er0
I am installing a Viper 5806v with Idatalink ADS ALCA bypass module on 2013 RDX with a push button start. Car has no keyport. The installation was straight forward, but when programming, the instructions says to remove the battery from keyfob 1 and press the start button 2x with key against it to turn ign on. Well, when I do that, it does turn on or start the car. I have tried every angle and position near the push start with no luck. I have also tried placing the key far away until ready to program, then turning on the ignition. The car only has one keyfob and its keyfob 2. Don't know if that makes a difference. Anyone have experience with these modules or thought would be awesome!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2020 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I don't believe that you are trying to get the engine to start at Step 3 of the programming directions. Typically you just turn the IGN to ON and without your foot on the Brake Pedal the car doesn't start. Do you get the proper LED indication on the ADS AL-CA?   While the instructions specifically mention Remote1, I'm not sure if it matters.
A few thoughts :
!. Did you flash the ADS AL-CA with the DBI-AL(DL)-HA4 firmware? If you are going D2D to the Viper with the harness, it must be DBI firmware, not ADS firmware.
2. Did you set the ADS AL-CA Installation Mode to Data - 1 Blink?
If yes, then I would do a Factory Reset on the ADS AL-CA, set the Installation Mode to Data and try the vehicle programming again.
Soldering is fun!
h3er0 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2020 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote h3er0
Sorry I had a typo in my previous post when i said "Well, when I do that, it does turn on or start the car".. The problem was that without the battery in the remote, I could NOT turn the ign on for the module to program.(Does not sense the key) So basically it sounds like the issue is on the vehicle side. Module is programmed with HA4 firmware with it set on one blink for data.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2020 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Which flavor of HA4? DBI or ADS?
Strange issue with the FOB minus battery.
Soldering is fun!
h3er0 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2020 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote h3er0
I thought that was strange also. Would have to carry extra batteries to start vehicle if the remote went dead. Wonder if keyfob 1 is the only one that can start vehicle without a battery? The firmware flashed is the DBI-AL[DL]-HA4-EN.
djdeito 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2021 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djdeito
According to the 2013 RDX owner's manual, below is how to start the vehicle in case the battery of the keyless remote is weak. The owner's manual does not specify keyless remote 1 or 2, hence you should be able to start your RDX with either keyless remote. In your situation, you are removing the battery of the keyless remote which is the equivalent of a completely dead keyless remote battery. So just to make sure and to give you peace of mind, follow the instructions below to test that it is possible to start your RDX when the battery on the keyless remote has been removed or at least get it to ACCESSORY mode so you can program the ALCA module.
The A logo is the Acura logo on the back of the keyless remote. Also, notice the dash lines indicating how the keyless remote must be placed on the ENGINE START/STOP button.
2013 Acura RDX, Remote Start Module Progamming, ADS ALCA - Last Post -- posted image.
if you are not able to start your RDX or get it to ACCESSORY mode while the battery of the keyless remote has been removed, then i would suggest to re-test using a weak keyless remote battery.
The screenshot below, use the keyless remote to push the ENGINE START/STOP button
important: to program the ALCA, follow the orientation of the keyless remote when pushing the ENGINE START/STOP button as suggested in the above screenshot by the 2013 RDX owner's manual
2013 Acura RDX, Remote Start Module Progamming, ADS ALCA - Last Post -- posted image.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic