the12volt.com spacer
icon

2017 Subaru Forester, Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2021 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
The module requires 12V from ignition (+) from the remote start on the module's pink wire and ground on the module's blue/red wire. GWR comes from the data mode connection.
You may want to check that there are no bent pins/bad connections in the data cable , module, or remote start data port. Also confirm the connection of Ignition and ground to the module, and all connectors being used are firmly seated.
Lectric Guy
raw customs 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2021 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote raw customs
All pins are good. Everything is plugged in tight.
Ignition is def hooked up
Red/blue is grounded
Like I said it will start if the key is in the ignition
Thanks
Bernie
Raw Customs Designs
2012 Ram 1500 QC Tradesman
1996 Impala SS
1964 Impala Wagon
MECP certified
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2021 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
It appears the module is not being activated. I would try one last test, moving the data connection to the other data port on the Omega, since it has 2 data ports. Both are programmed the same by the option register.
If that doesn't work, I'd recommend changing the connections to Wire to Wire. This will require removing the data connection and hardwiring the connections between the module and the remote start, following the connections in the guide. The module would also need to be reprogrammed for Wire to Wire (Standard Hardwire Mode).
Lectric Guy
raw customs 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2021 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote raw customs
I only see one data port on the omegalink module. I have 2 plugs on one side and 4 plugs on the other side.
Man I really don't want to have to do wire to wire but I guess if that's the only way to make it work, than it is what it is
Am I missing something on the omegalink as far as the second data port? don't see one
thanks
bernie
Raw Customs Designs
1996 Impala SS
1964 Impala Wagon
MECP certified
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2021 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
Sorry, the Crimestopper, not the Omega...
Lectric Guy
raw customs 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2021 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote raw customs
Ended up doing a hardwire and it works no problem. Had to wire up some of the stuff not needed for data but hey it works.
I cant thank you enough for all your help
Thanks so much
Bernie
Raw Customs Designs
1996 Impala SS
1964 Impala Wagon
MECP certified
lectricguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2021 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lectricguy
I'm glad it worked out. Some older Remote starts can cause installers issues with Data to Data, but Wire to Wire usually works without any problem.
Enjoy the install.
Cheers!
Lectric Guy
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic