the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Acura TSX, Manual Transmission, Won’t Go Into Programming or Valet

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2021 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
All the Viper needs to see is the Door Pin and the Pink IGN signal plus the control button to go into programming mode. Did you use a DMM to verify those signals are getting to the Viper?
Soldering is fun!
swisssteez 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2021 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote swisssteez
I havent, is the pink ignition the one on the 24pin harness? #17 ignition 1 output, i dont have that one wired up. Also i was using the function levels on the remote and figured i can get into and out valet mode
swisssteez 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2021 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote swisssteez
UPDATE: so i noticed something, my car was not cranking AT ALL. So i thought about when i splices the starter wire. I connected it back together and the car cranks! But i removed the green and violet wires so i know theres something wrong with my wiring. If i add the two wires my starter wont crank cause theres no connection. I’m super confused!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2021 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
swisssteez wrote:
I havent, is the pink ignition the one on the 24pin harness? #17 ignition 1 output, i dont have that one wired up. Also i was using the function levels on the remote and figured i can get into and out valet mode
That wire is not used. It's the thick Pink IGN wire that needs to see +12V to get into Programming Mode.
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: February 23, 2021 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
swisssteez wrote:
UPDATE: so i noticed something, my car was not cranking AT ALL. So i thought about when i splices the starter wire. I connected it back together and the car cranks! But i removed the green and violet wires so i know theres something wrong with my wiring. If i add the two wires my starter wont crank cause theres no connection. I’m super confused!
The car won't crank with the key when those two wire are connected?
Those two wire are for Starter Kill and Anti-Grind. If you don't want or need those features, you can just connect the Vipers Violet wire to the cars un-cut Starter wire.
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: February 23, 2021 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Just noticed that you didn't list the thick Red/White and Red/Black wires. All three fused thick wires need to be connected to +12V constant.
Soldering is fun!
swisssteez 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2021 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote swisssteez
kreg357 wrote:
swisssteez wrote:
That wire is not used. It's the thick Pink IGN wire that needs to see +12V to get into Programming Mode.
So the pink wire is connected to the ignition wire on the ignition harness, the door trigger is grounded out again to be sure and the programming valet button is not responding to programming the menus.
Not sure as to why
swisssteez 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2021 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote swisssteez
kreg357 wrote:
Just noticed that you didn't list the thick Red/White and Red/Black wires. All three fused thick wires need to be connected to +12V constant.
I just connected it to the 12v constant and still nothing
kreg357 
Posted: February 23, 2021 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Guess it's time to test those wires. It's rare to have a bad Viper brain but it is possible to kill them with incorrect connections.
Soldering is fun!
swisssteez 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2021 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote swisssteez
Which ones should i test? To me its sort of a control center button issue, it doesn’t respond when i click it for anything. I just tried the remote pair that didn’t respond and neither did the learn tach mode and the start up diagnostic either. The button just doesn’t respond. How would i just go about putting the car in l mts mode since i keep getting the 7 clicks? I’ll just have to figure this out some other time
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic