the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Chrysler Aspen, Modules Won’t Program

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mcc llc 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2021 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mcc llc
T harness install, super simple. Originally was a Compustar DC3 3X lock install, left working perfectly. Customer came back for warranty check and reported it has been hit or miss the last few times he'd tried it. I went over the install, didn't see any obvious problems but it wouldn't start the remote start sequence when I tried. Pulled the module, re-flashed it and it would not program (red flashing LED). Switched the module to another DC3 I had on hand. Same result. Switched out the T harness for another I had on hand, same thing. Decided to try an idatalink CMCHXA0, and it's also failing to program.
No CEL and my rudimentary code reader has no problem connecting so I don't think the CAN BUS is wacky.
I've never seen anything like this on a Chrysler product, wondering if anyone else has.
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 24, 2021 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
with t harness it grounds at the skim harness and for some times the RS doesn't like it. Kind of hit or miss that I have seen. I usually tap a ground into the m4 plug pin 20 (last wire in that harness black wire under red right side). At least that's what I think it is
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
mcc llc 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2021 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mcc llc
No kidding? That would actually make perfect sense as to why it was having an intermittent problem with the first DC3. Car is gone for the evening but the customer is a regular so I'll definitely be giving that a shot next I see him and I'll report back with my findings. Thank you so much! I just wish I'd read this earlier, I didn't expect anyone to respond so fast 2007 Chrysler Aspen, Modules Won’t Program - Last Post -- posted image.
If that's what it is I'll just make it standard operating procedure to tap a ground into that pin on any CH5 install.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic