the12volt.com spacer
icon

1996 Buick Park Avenue, Key Fob Relearn

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gulfman 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2021 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gulfman
Hello ..... I think I screwed up, I have a 1996 buick park ave, I was trying to reprogram a key fob, I'm sure I jumps the wrong terminals in the obd II port, I pressed and held the lock/unlock buttons and after 15 or so secs hear a horn chirp. Fob didn't work, reprogramed realizing my mistake and all works, now the programing only lasts a short while and then stops working and have to reprogram to get fob to work again, next morning doesn't work. do you know is there a valet mode to the key fob so it only works for a short time? any suggestions greatly appreciated. thank you
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 26, 2021 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
If you have another fob, does it give you the same issue? Have you tried replacing the fob's battery?
Not the same vehicle, but I had an older GM that the keyless entry didn't work. I was able to order a used keyless module and program it fine. I used the exploded diagrams on the dealer website to find the location of the module. It's worked fine since replacement. You can always order another fob, too.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
gulfman 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2021 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gulfman
Thanks for your reply, the batteries are newer and don't expect that to be the problem. I have two remotes that i program to work and then the next day they don't, reprogram them to work, try them a few times each and then next day neither of them work till i re-reprogram them.
4 days of programing and counting.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 26, 2021 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
I'd lean towards the module. Search ebay for 25666345
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
gulfman 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2021 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gulfman
Thank you, gut feeling is all worked ok till i jumped the wrong 2 terminals in the obd port to program remotes as i got a used one to replace a damaged one. held lock/ unlock down, heard a horn chirp 15 secs later, now doesn't keep reprogram for longer than a day.
gulfman 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2021 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gulfman
Hey all, problem solved had a bad key FOB, replaced reprogrammed and goo to go, Thanks

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic