the12volt.com spacer
icon

Vintage Car, Compustar System?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
daveman918 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2021 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote daveman918
Hi All,
Back in the day (a very long time ago), I did high end car stereo and alarm installs. Obviously some things have changed and I'm looking for guidance on potentially using a Compustar Alarm-It (7300) module, a drone, and whatever other necessary parts to protect a vintage resto-mod project I'm staring to reassemble. It looks like those are compatible and I'm wondering what other things I need to get. From what I've read, I'll need to buy remotes, siren's etc., if I go this route too. I see on their website that they have some security packages like the 7900A but I can't find any of those online. I don't need remote start and I'm on the fence re: door locks. Thanks for any help/suggestions you all may have!
Dave
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 25, 2021 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
yeah any of the alarms are going to be compatible. Alarms should come with everything like remotes (one way), siren and a shock sensor. you would just have to add on the drone mobile or smart start or what ever brand alarm you buy and the 2 way remote if you want those. We install the compustar VS70-AL and the viper 3105v and both work very well. The viper 3105v is alot smaller unit than the compustar but (in my opion) the compustar has better remotes and is a overall better company, especially if you need tech support.
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic