the12volt.com spacer
icon

2011 Toyota Camry, Avital 4105, ABS, CEL and Traction Control

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
redciv1 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2021 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redciv1
Soooo, installed a 4105L on a 2011 Camry using FL-CAN. Car remote starts with no problems, however after about 10-15 driving, the ABS and TC light up on the car. The ABS light shuts off when the car is turned off, but comes right back. TC lights stays in all the time and now the CEL light is on but have not pulled the code.
This is my second 410x install with the G 80bit key. I installed in 2011 Sienna with no issues at all. HELP!
* I noticed, when you remote start if the HVAC is left on, then it does not power on until you put the key and turn to start, but the radio comes on if left on previously.
It's for me!!!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2021 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
That car has two Ignition wires and two Starter wires besides the one ACC wire. How are you powering all those ignition wires?
You should not combine the two Ignition wires with a single 4105 Ignition wire output. The same applies to the two Starter wires. The Toyota engineering team made them separate for a reason. You will need an external SPDT relay controlled by the 4105's (-) Ignition (or Starter) output to power everything and keep them all isolated.
I would check all the vehicle fuses if you did combine either the Starter or Ignition circuits. Think I remember an AM1 fuse in the engine compartment that can blow ( but this usually causes a tow-in ).
Soldering is fun!
redciv1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2021 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redciv1
Thanks Kreg. As I am reading some of your old post on th Toyota's, I came across that relay needed as well. Problem was that I assumed that this vehicle and my 2011 Sienna were the same🙁. Would the HVAC not powering on with the remote start be attributed to the relay issue? I can't find the post where you list d what needed to be put on each part of the relay, can you please post again?
It's for me!!!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2021 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Not sure of your exact wiring, but the HVAC issue sounds like one of the ignition wires is not getting power. Typically it's the ACC wire but it could be the IGN2 wire also. You should use a DMM and test these ignition outputs during a remote start.
Here is my suggestion for the ignition wiring :
Heavy gauge 6 Pin
1 RED (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT.......................................Black @ Main IGN Pin 5
2 PINK/WHITE (+) PROGRAMMABLE OUTPUT FOR ACC OR IGN.....Pink @ Main IGN Pin 1 *
3 RED (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12 INPUT........................................Black @ DASH FUSEBOX, WHITE 1-PIN PLUG(A), PIN 1
4 ORANGE (+) (30 AMP) OUTPUT TO ACCESSORY CIRCUIT............White @ Main IGN Pin 2 **
5 PURPLE (+) (30 AMP) OUTPUT TO STARTER CIRCUIT...................Blue @ Main IGN Pin 7
6 PINK (+) (30 AMP) OUTPUT TO IGNITION CIRCUIT..........................Yellow @ Main IGN Pin 6
* Program/verify 4105 to IGN1, Menu 2, Feature 6, Option 1. This should be the default setting.
** You can cut the 4105 thick Orange wire and solder on a length of 18 gauge wire. The Camry ACC wire is thin gauge.
For the Camrys' Gray Starter 2 wire, obtain a 30/40 Amp SPDT relay with 5 pin harness and wire as shown below :
Relay Pin 85 to Viper 4105 Purple (-) Starter Output from 4 Pin harness
Relay Pin 86 and 87 to +12V constant, fuse at 7.5 amps ***
Relay Pin 30 to Starter 2 - Gray @ Main IGN Pin 3
Relay Pin 87a - not used - insulate
*** There are several places you can obtain this 12V constant power. The thick Black wire at the fuse box, the Black wire at Pin 5 of the Main ignition harness or even the Tan ( might be Red or Orange ) wire at Pin 4 of the Main Ignition harness. I typically use a 10 Amp Mini-Relay for these ignition circuits.
4-pin satellite harness diagram
1 BLUE STATUS OUTPUT......................not used
2 ORANGE (-) ACCESSORY OUTPUT.........not used
3 PURPLE (-) STARTER OUTPUT.............to external relay, Pin 85
4 PINK (-) IGNITION OUTPUT................not used
Soldering is fun!
redciv1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2021 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redciv1
Thanks Kreg. I was thinking over the weekend and thought the same regarding the HVAC and Ignition. I will purchase the relay and let you know how it works out. Might be a week or two as I am nursing a bruised foot.
It's for me!!!
redciv1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2021 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redciv1
Hey Kreg. So I installed the 30A SPDT relay just as you described and nothing changed. Still see the ABS and Traction Control light on with remote start. Also the HVAC still does not power up until key is in ACC. Is there another Accessory wire as I am using the White wire in the Ign harness?
Also, is it possible that the issue could be one of the Can H/L connections? Any precautions with those wires?
It's for me!!!
kreg357 
Posted: October 31, 2021 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Nope, it should work if wired as listed above. I would definitely put a DMM on the 4105 ignition wire outputs to verify that all of them are working as needed.
Both fused Reds should have +12V after the fuse ( at the plug ) all the time.
During R/S run time the Pink, Pink/White and the Orange should have +12V.
During R/S cranking the Pink, Pink/White, Violet and Relay Pin 30 should have +12V & the Orange should have 0V.
Also check all the vehicle fuses at the fuse box and under the hood.
A quick question about the ignition key : Does it have a "G" on it or a "." or "O" on it? Which firmware is flashed on the FLCAN?
Soldering is fun!
redciv1 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2021 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redciv1
Thanks. It is a G key. Not sure which firmware but pretty sure it is the latest as I had to update when installing the new software. I thought about the fuse issue, but the HVAC is the only accessory so far that does not stay powered under remote start power. Radio, lights all function. I will out the multimeter on and check. It's really baffling, because the Camry and my Sienna both have the G key with the FL-CAN. I have no issues with my Sienna. Both are 2011s.
It's for me!!!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic