the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote Pairing Issue With IDataStart HC3.5

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
edrock200 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2022 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote edrock200
Hey all,
Having an issue with an Idatastart hc3.5 install on a 2021 Toyota RAV4 at a local best buy and wondering if anyone has come across this before. The unit is fully installed and works with the factory remote and factory remote 3x lock method, but the included 2 way remotes refuse to work or pair, and the brain refuses to go into pairing mode.
The tech thought perhaps the brain module is bad, ordered another, replaced, same issue. He believes it may be an issue with the firmware flashed to the unit needed for the RAV4, and will contact Idatastart tomorrow. Unfortunately this particular install location is not close, so I'm trying to gather any other possibilities or known issues before I trek back down there again.
Has anyone come across this before?
After the last trip, I tried doing the manual pair procedure as well and sure enough I couldn't get the unit to go into pairing mode. I couldn't even get the blue light on the antenna above the button to light up.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm also going to head up to my local best buy who's done the last 6 or 7 remote start installs for me and I've never had an issue. I had to use this other further best buy this time because they had no appts available at my local best buy after the holiday sale on remote starts.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2022 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Pretty sure the iDataStart HC series remotes are paired to the HC controller during initial setup and programming using the supplied serial number that is on the white sticker on the back of the remote. Typically, the remotes are already paired to the controller at the factory. The HC series have the remote serial numbers entered during controller setup and flashing.
Soldering is fun!
djdeito 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2022 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djdeito
As Kreg357 mentioned, the remotes should have been pre-paired already. The tech could confirm if any remotes are currently registered to the HC controller by connecting the HC controller to a computer using the ADS-USB cable or a standard USB Mini-B cable and going to the "Remotes" menu. Double check the serial numbers of the remotes match the serial numbers registered in the HC controller.
Also, maybe there is a firmware update for the Antenna, the tech could check by connecting the antenna using the ADS-USB cable.
just to make sure the tech did not overlook things, please see screenshot showing the antenna port on the controller.
Remote Pairing Issue With IDataStart HC3.5 - Last Post -- posted image.
Remote Pairing Issue With IDataStart HC3.5 - Last Post -- posted image.
edrock200 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2022 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote edrock200
Thank you both for the replies! Just to add, as I was playing with it some this afternoon, the antenna lights blink amber, both of them. If I hold the button for a few seconds, it stops, but seems to start blinking again after some time.
I then went up to my local best buy and the installer their was very helpful once I explained the situation. He confirmed the antenna port is plugged into the right port. He removed the brain, plugged it into his system to confirm firmware and remote serials. He seemed stumped too. So he will call Idatastart tomorrow and transfer my appt to this best buy. I did find one other thread that mentioned the "install type" selected can cause this, but as far as I can tell all the install types include the rf remotes.
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 400
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2022 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
how are you programing? it's ignition on, press antenna button once, and then press and hold.. then press lock on remote.
things to check.. is the antennna #2400? orange led?? also orange leds on the remotes?
edrock200 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2022 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote edrock200
That is how I attempted to program them yes. It is a 2400 antenna. The LEDs blink orange upon car start but the ignition on (not engine on), push button, then hold button and press lock button on remote yields nothing other than the blinking to stop on the antenna. The parking lights don't flash or anything. The vehicle is back at best buy right now so they can attempt to fix the issue.
edrock200 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2022 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote edrock200
The only thing that makes sense to me at this point is a possible antenna firmware update, which I can't check as I don't have a programmer. But I passed the info on to the techs.
edrock200 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2022 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote edrock200
Just got the car back. My local best buy figured out the issue relatively quickly. It was a bad antenna wire. Go figure. :) Thanks again for all the tips/advice!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic