the12volt.com spacer
icon

Wiring Compustar CM-900AS as Security System Only

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
optimusgto 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2022 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote optimusgto
I’m running a Compustar CM-900AS as a security system only on a 1996 Nissan 240sx MT. I’m not using the remote start because sometimes it’s difficult to start the engine due to the low compression pistons. Anyways, is it possible to minimize wiring by removing wires associated with the R/S?   
For CN1, I have the following wires attached and the rest de-pinned:
Pin 1- Red Constant 12v
Pin 3- Red/White Accessory Constant 12v
Pin 6- Yellow Starter (input to FT-BLOCK)
Pin 8- Black Ground
CN3 (Grey)
Pin 1- Green/White Parking light
Pin 2- Blue/Lt Green Door lock
Pin 3- Blue Door unlock
Pin 8- Grey/Black Hood pin
Pin 16- Red/White Door sense
Pin 17- Brown Siren
Pin 18- Blue/White Starter Kill
riceandpho 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2022 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote riceandpho
i wouldnt depin any wires, theres a setting to keep that brain as alarm only. also you can still do remote start, make sure to use the das2 shock sensor. need to change the setting on the brain too. also cranking time.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2022 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
If the "MT" in the vehicle = 1996 Nissan 240sx MT denotes Manual Transmission, be advised that the CM900 controller does NOT support manual transmissions and should NOT be used for the R/S application.
Soldering is fun!
optimusgto 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2022 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote optimusgto
Okay, so I was confused by Compustar labeling and you are correct in that the CM900AS is not compatible with manual transmissions as mentioned in the installation manual troubleshooting section. That leaves me at my main dilemma of leaving the wires associated with the remote start disconnected as they are not being used anyway. If not, I will have to try another system. I really dislike the Viper/Avital systems as they seem like they haven’t improved their technology in the past 20 years and the last system I installed in friends car was dead out of the box.   I also don’t like that Compustar doesn’t play nice with DIY; but that’s the trend with every company these days.
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2022 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
why not just buy an "alarm only" Compustar? it's way cheaper.
audiokid1 
Copper - Posts: 140
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2022 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote audiokid1
Personally, I always remove extra/unused wires. I place them into a bag and throw the bag and manual in the glovebox.
If the vehicle has smaller gauge wires for remote start, then I will usually re-pin the main module harness as well. Helps clean up the install and I am not stuck trying to solder 12 gauge module wires to 18/20 gauge vehicle wires.
I have attached two photos for reference
Wiring Compustar CM-900AS as Security System Only - Last Post -- posted image.
Wiring Compustar CM-900AS as Security System Only - Last Post -- posted image.
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 402
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2022 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
I am personally not a fan of PIN Pulling.. I would rather cut the wire short, and leave it there, in case I need it.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic