icon

newer model ppi and soundstream amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vlwex 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2003 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
i want some opinions about the new ppi and soundstream amps ive been seriously considering getting a rubicon 604 amp or a new ppi 4 channel in the same power range or the new soundstream van gogh in the same range.all of these are about the same price. ive heard good and bad about all except the van gogh its new for 2003 but still havent heard enough to form a good opinion all i can go on is others experience since noone around me sells them and from the past reputations of all everything is good but as far as the new stuff most people have been reluctant because these companies have changed ownership. please knowledgeable and unknowledgeable please respond and let me know what the deal or should i be trying to spend money elsewhere
do what you have to to get what you want
IronCy 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2003 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  

I am using all PPI PCX module amplifiers.  I love my 4 channel, PCX-480, rated at 80x4, but seems to put out a lot more---it gives my mb quart components all that they can handle. 

-Cy

ezridr 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2003 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  

I would stay away from the Soundstream stuff until their company can prove they have made a comeback, personally I belive they were bought out to hide or shetler tax money by the company that bought them out by taking on the bebts that soundstream had acquired. Since being bought out they haven't really come out with any "new" products or lines, and they haven't even ran any ads for their products or to even let people know they are still around, at least when they were going under they advertised heavily to try to get people to buy their stuff.

PPI still has the same stuff as when they originally came out with the "Power Class" amps a few years ago, just a different nomenclature and paint scheme. Not saying they are bad amps just that they are still the same amps as a few yrs ago. I recently installed a PCX 5 channel amp and it performed well, no real complaints about it. They are owned by DEI now and I don't see them going belly up any time soon.

Some other good quality amps you may want to consider that have the same or better power ratings and features for the $$ are MTX, Xtant, JL Audio, Phoenix Gold, and Alpine. Compare ALL the specs, power, distortion, s/n, built in x over (12,18,24), and features, and the $$ per watt before making your decision.

My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic