icon

Battery isolator questions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
acq810z 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2003 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  

Today, after months of planning and gathering enough money to get more parts in the quest for my complete car stereo i ran across a problem that i didnt expect.  I have a 97 civic ex coupe that is my project car.  the system (listed below) drains more power than my car can provide so i finally got enough money to buy a new alt and i figured while i am at it i would buy a yellow top bat to complete the charging system.  well little to my supprise, they dont make one that will fit in my civic....hondas   :~)  any who here are my questions...

• where should i locate this second battery....the trunk is out seeing that i have all the boxes built and fiberglass on its way. .....i have an AEM cold air intake that replaced the normal air box under the hood....is there a problem mounting the battery on the side?
  • second......a battery isolator is a must......i already know.....leave it to physics to teach you that.....anyways what is a good one and what should i expect to pay for it?  keep in mind i have a 150 amp alt
  • last but not least.......any install tips for the isolator or batt would be helpful.......remember no trunk mounting of the battery...sorry?

Here is my system:

• 1 Rockford 550X 4 ch amp
  • 1 Rockford 500bd Class D mono amp
  • 1 Kicker 10" Solo L7 DVC - 600W RMS
  • Rockford components up front
  • Rockford 6x9 in back
  • Home brew computer MP3 player
  • 5" LCD
  • Sony 600MX Head unit  - I will be replacing this later with a DVD HU
  • Custom Fiberglass center console

If you need more information....i'll get back to you

Thanks in advance

~Q

iaudio 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2003 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
svr makes a battery that will fit. An isolator is not nessesary but it can help if you play the system for long periods of time with the engine off.
IronCy 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2003 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  

I have 2 svr batteries in my truck, they are awesome, and at half the size of an optima.  I think svr would definitely be route for your to consider.

-Cy

acq810z 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2003 at 6:54 AM / IP Logged  
ok, so you are saying to replace the battery that i have now with an SVR battery. Or should I go with the SVR as a scondary. (pardon spelling....i was always the kid that that lost on the first word_...anywho)
Thanks
iaudio 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2003 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
if you put the SVR under the hood a second battery won't be nessesarry with your system
acq810z 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2003 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  

actually.....after some more research i found a optima yellow top that fits my civic......i couldnt find a local dealer that carried them......and for shipping and handling most places wanted an arm and a leg.....the place i found the yellow top only wanted 30 for shipping and the battery was 129 so it was just as cheap as most of the other local alternatives......www.srrcmotorsport.com   D51R fits!

thanks to all 

~Q

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic