the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Matrix RS3 Success ! (w/pics)

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2003 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  

OK, here goes. I started last Sunday, 7/06, about noon. Decided that today is the day. Took off the panels:

Matrix RS3 Success ! (w/pics) - Last Post -- posted image.

This is a '91 Integra BTW. In the pic above you can see the wires on the right for the proximity sensor, led, and valet switch.

Here is a pic of the 700IQ proximity sensor:

Here is a pic of the panel off, exposing the 700IQ and Smartwindows 2 and wiring:

Here is a pic of when I was "cutting over" the RS3, I was taking my time on this. Geez what a mess, my wife came in the garage, looked at what I was doing at this point and asked me if I knew what I was doing and if I would be able to finish it. LOL:

Here is another pic during the "cut-over":

This next pic I think was 5 hours into it, I was taking it sloooowly, routing the new wires around the old and making sure all the connections were good:

Here is with it ALMOST completed. Relay pack in place, RS3 unit plugged in and all associated harnesses attached:

Man I was tired, this pic was maybe @ 11:30pm. I was taking breaks here and there, browsing 12volt.com for other info that I needed. This next pic is more of a disappearing act. I made sure all my connections were in, nice and secure. The relay pack for the remote start, all the wires were soldered in. The rest-butt splices and a couple of posi-locks. Those posi-locks sure hold good !

Next pic is with the panels in place. Mostly all cleaned up, just needed to vacuum the wire clippings/strippings.

Next pic is of all the extra wire from the RS3, it’s in the box. The wires next to it, the 700IQ harness. That wasn’t nothing compared to the RS3 wiring.

Here is the new led, with the new “pen holder.” While we're on the subject of LEDs, my led was right on top/near the 508D-proximity sensor. It wouldn't go off/send a signal to the brain when I was "snooping around" inside....like half my body was in the car trying to set it off ! So, I tried relocating momentarily(the led), and yeah, it worked. Put it back, and no, didn't work. So I ended up drilling another hole elsewhere. How come when I had the 700IQ's proximity sensor there with the led right on top...it wasn't disturbed by it. It functioned normally, but not with the 508D. Are both digital? I miss the remote adjustablility of the 700IQ, but I now love playing with the RS3...

Why did I post this? To show my appreciation for this site ! ! Thanks to all the people that answered my questions and provided info. It only took me a total of 17 hours to do. Researched all the info that I needed. Took my time, did it right, didn’t half ass it. The RS works great, smartwindows works great, LOVE the two way remote !

I am open for criticism, hey...it'll help for when I do more installs. Thanks again!

nighthawk2k 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2003 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
I'm glad you finally did it !Matrix RS3 Success ! (w/pics) - Last Post -- posted image.
Tommy
-Clifford/Directed/Alpine-Audio & Security-
New York InstallerMatrix RS3 Success ! (w/pics) - Last Post -- posted image.
Tfire5 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2003 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  

i have a question for you. i see it was a five speed how does the remote start work? will it start in gear? or do you have to have the emergency brake on, or do you just leave it out of gear. the reason im asking is because i am about to do a friend civic si with the same alarm. ive been out of the game for about 2 1/2 years so i was just wondering how yours is working.ive got a couple different answers but i do not want the car to be able to start unless the car is out of gear ive had people tell me that the alarm has a built in saftey protacol and i have also heard it does not. so what have you seen since you just got done installing it on a five speed. any help would be apreciated.

claytargethntr 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2003 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
I am curious as well. I am part way done on my RS3, got side tracked about 3 months ago with work and have not been able to get back to it till now. I am still trying to figure out how to tie the glass break sensor, shock sensor and proximity sensor all together for this unit.
I am also curious how you set up your remote start with the manual. kinda doing the same.
Also on my RS3 they sent the harness from the alarm to the shock sensor with different colored wires (a couple wires in the harness) than what is listed in the diagram, is that true on yours as well
thanks for your time
claytargethntr
rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2003 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  

For "Tfire5,"  no safety switches here.  No reed switches or magnetic ones discussed in recent topics.  I hooked the ground wire for the clutch to a relay and then to the blue/black wire on the "vehicle third iginition wire"(located in on the 6-pin H3 remote start harness."  It's going to be my ass if I left it in gear and remote started it !

For "claytargethntr," got you covered... Topic: RS3 sensor harness with 508D!?! HELP

I did an Arrow 3 on my uncle's Dodge Ram 1500, installation wasn't nuthin' compared to the RS3.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic