the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Remote start on manual trans

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
MX6boii 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2003 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  
Hey,
A buddy of mine asked if I could install a remote start on his manual tranny Del Sol. I know there are relays involved and ways of checking if the car is safe to remote start. Can someone give me a HOW TO or a run down of what I have to install or do? I want to help my friend out while acquiring some experince with relays.
Thanks.
rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2003 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  

You can do a search for safety switches, reed switches, etc.  I haven't seen a good solid safety for a manual tranny. Check out my RS3 install .  I had to use the "third ignition wire" output on the RS3 to close the circuit for the clutch so that the remote start could operate.

locate the "negative two wire clutch"  at the top of the clutch pedal on most Hondas-87 to one wire on the clutch, 30 to the other, 85 to the ignition output on the alarm, 86 to 12V.

I have no safety switches, it'll be my ass if I left it in gear w/o the e-brake up.  DANGEROUS !

Remote start on manual trans - Last Post -- posted image.

Gorkys 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2003 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
That Happend to a friend of mine long time ago.....his car got F*** up big time
drvnbysound 
Silver - Posts: 289
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2003 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
On most Honda vehicles, as well as most of the vehicles that I have installed remote start systems on, the manual transmission models just have a switch that allows the car to start when the clutch is pressed down. From my experience with the Honda vehicles, its just a momentary switch. There is a ground wire going into the switch and a wire going out of it, which is grounded when the clutch is pressed in. To by-pass this you can just make a jumper wire that bypasses the switch. The problem with this is that it does allow you to start the car while it is in gear.
However some alarms do have a neutral safety switch, which checks for the car to be in neutral first. Something to look into. Just wanted to let you know, that its really no different than installing in a automatic car, with the exception of those 2 things.
MX6boii 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2003 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  
I know a lot of people have the alarm wired up to the hand brake also. So in case you did start it in gear it wouldn't go very far.
Does anyone know of any other sites with this kind of content?
Thanks for your help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic