icon

RS3 Multiple sensor hook up?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kenmci 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2003 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  

So I've been working on and off for about a week on my g/f civic trying to install an RS3.  I have previously only done one simply arm/disarm with siren and starter kill previously.  This one was definately a step up in difficulty. 

Anyway I got everything hooked up and ready to go and when I went to test it, the trunk flashed that it was open, then closed and then open again, even when it remained closed.  The trunk trigger didn't seem to want to work at all.  The output from the trunk switch was working fine.  Turns out the brain was bad, returned it and everything works fine now. 

My question is I noticed in the user's manual that there are two sensor trigger indicators on the remote for this alarm.  I purchased an additional proximity sensor, but I wired it up together with the shock sensor.   Is there only one input on the alarm or is there a second port that I could have plugged the other sensor into?

In other words are there two sensor ports, one for shock sensor and one for maybe a proximity sensor? or is there only one?

nighthawk2k 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2003 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  
sensor 2 input is part of the shock sensor
you have to ties the blue and green together to make sensor 2 work. If you look at the shock sensor, there is a wire loose that hooks up to another sensor. On the shock sensor wire you should see a loop that does this for you. you just have to do the same to the proximity sensor.
Tommy
-Clifford/Directed/Alpine-Audio & Security-
New York InstallerRS3 Multiple sensor hook up? - Last Post -- posted image.
rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2003 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

I had the same question.  Here is your answer.

RS3 Multiple sensor hook up? - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic