the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Testing parking lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
MX6boii 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2003 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
Someone please educate me...
I was installing a Hornet 725T alarm in my friend's '00 Galant ES. When testing the parking lights, my wiring diagram says a + GREEN / WHITE wire. So I turn on the hazards, strip and probe that wire. My multimeter is on DC 20V and I get no reading. I switch down to 10V and still no reading. I start to believe it's the wrong wire, so I start probing other wires. I finally find one wire that is hot when the parking lights are on and I attach that wire to the alarm.
After all that I test it, only the right side blinks. Stumped...what the hey, I gave the GREEN / WHITE wire a try (the one with no reading). It worked! Can anyone tell me what I did wrong when testing the wire? Why I didn't get a reading?
Thanks.
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2003 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
Try testing it by turning on your parking lights not your hazards.
SIsensee 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2003 at 3:32 AM / IP Logged  
mitsubishi is always green with white  and yes turn on your parking lights not hazards the wire you probbed probably hadent gone through the flasher relay yet
MX6boii 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2003 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
Ohh...so you have to test it by the parking lights. The only resaon why I turned on the hazards to test it is because when I learned how to install alarms my instructor used the hazards. It makes sense cause the lights you want blinking are on.
This is weird cause when I was installing an alarm in my Odyssey I tested using my hazards and I got a reading. The Odyssey is also a + output.
Oh well, thanks for your help.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2003 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
i didnt know you have to go to skoo to get your certif?
hey boii, are there other method of gettin it like through books to get the certif?
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
MX6boii 
Posted: August 08, 2003 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
I don't have any installers licenses, though I would like to get them. I learned all my stuff from chilling at this one audio store in Hong Kong one summer. There were two guys there that taught me everything and I call them my instructors as a sign of respect.
I think there are other ways of getting your license. I would just find a place that holds the exam and just sign up for it. Not sure if I'm right, but makes sense though. I mean, if you don't know your stuff and happen to blow off the whole test then they get your money. Something along the lines of the SATs...not satisfied take it again. Your money.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic