icon

Car radio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ashex 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2003 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I recently purchased a Volkswagen Golf radio from a guy who moved, sadly I didn't know I would need a code to turn it on and he didn't give it to me, but, when I looked on the radio I found the writing 'CODE 0015' would this by any chance be the code?
I'm not entirely sure if this is it (I haven't tried it yet) because there isn't a zero digit on the front, is there any way to get around this problem?
I hope this isn't considered illegal because I didn't steal it, I legitimately purchased it, I think.
BlackGti 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2003 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
If it was written on the radio, it's safe to assume it's the code. VW codes are 4 digits. What's the worse that can happen if it's not the code. I'm pretty sure it is, it defenitaly sounds like a VW radio code. They're codes are usually pretty generic and simple like that. Car radio - Last Post -- posted image.
ashex 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2003 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
Okay, but I'm not sure if it is the code because there isn't a button for zero, is there any way to compensate for this?
almeida79 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2003 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
you keep on press 1st  presest until it says zero then the same with the second preset button and so on may be different depending on model. Also if it's not the code wich it probably  is then you can call your local dealer and they can give it to you by the serial number on the radio.
Jay
ashex 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2003 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, I finally got the power going to the radio, so now I have a kind of stupid question, how exactly do you enter the code?
almeida79 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2003 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
There 2 buttons you have to hold down at the same time until the 4 digits start flashing on the screen then you enter code and then hold down same 2 buttons again and radio will turn on depending on the radio model the buttons you hold down will be different just keep trying until you get the right ones good luck
Jay
icensyeira 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2003 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  

hi,

I have a similar problem only my car is a 1997 Mitsubishi Galant, I bought it 2nd hand and one time the battery died on me, after recharging it, the radio needed a code for me to turn it on, i have been trying to call the old owner about this but he won't answer my calls.  Mitsubishi will charge $70 for this code, would you know anyone who can maybe help me with this?  Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic