icon

eclipse titanium subs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
IronCy 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2003 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  

I think that orion amp would be one of many good choices...im not sure how low you can bridge it...remember, those pros, only come in dual 1ohm vc...so with one sub, your wiring options are limited to .5ohm or 2ohm....make sure your amp is going to to .5 ohm stable,,to get the most power out of it.

-Cy

l7sdime 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2003 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  

yeh i figured it would have to come to finding the right amp because of the impedance. Well i found it http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=399&1=400&3=341 Its an orion just a different model XTRPRO2400. 2400x1 @2 ohms. And its cheaper than the one i was lookin at before.  Well thanks for the help guys but one more question. I know everybody hates these questions but i have to ask. How loud is this gonna be?? i just want around 150 155 which i know is very loud but im hopin thsi sub will do it. I figure ill put it in the box that eclipse recommmends then i will try others if im not satisfied. 5.7 cu ft including sub motor. anybody that wants to ask a ? pm me or my aol s/n is on my profile. thanks

Wes

Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2003 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  

155 db is pretty hard to get.

also..you will definatly need a hi output alt. and a deep cycle battery. and some good power and ground wiring. like 1/0.  ebay has hi output alts pretty cheap...just look around.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
IronCy 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2003 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  

Stay away from the orion xtr series...for this application you will want to find an amp in there hcca line, which is the orion "competition" line.  My shop sells orion and have seen a lot of warranty work come from the xtr line. As far as how loud it will be,,,there is really no way to tell...every vehicle is different....but the sub that you are looking at will definetly be a great start.

-Cy

l7sdime 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2003 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  

Alright thanks for the heads up on the amp. I might just have to bite the bullet and put a lil bit more cash into it and buy a mmats amplifier. I havent heard anything bad about these amps but they are pretty costly. im thinkin about the DHV 3000.2, 3000wattsx1 @2 ohms But i know this is gonna be costly. Can anybody tell me where i might be able to find a mmats amplifier like this for sale?? Also where could i find big wiring like 1/0 gauge for my body to ground and all that for my alt. and the wiring from my batteris to my amp?? I bet they are hard to come buy. Yeh i plan on using a wierd setup suggested by my father but im thinkin will work. My dad has been a mechanic and dirt track stock car builder for twenty five years so i trust him with this idea.  Run the alternator off the driveshaft of my truck so i dont have to play wit any of the electricals on my truck . Then i can run two batteries in line to a power cap and hopefeully this will do the job. Im going to try to hook this up myself because i dont want to have to send it to a car audio shop to save on the money end of things. I am pretty sure i would need to wire the VC's parrelel to get the most out of my amp. What does clipping mean?? I dont want to do this i know that it wil hurt my subs and my amp.well thats all i have to say right now hope on hearing  fomr you guys soon. thanks for all the help.

Wes

gold427 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2003 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  

18" in an s-10  .  hope u use a lot  of dynamat , going to get serious vibration

l7sdime 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2003 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  

Yeh i plan on usin lots of sound deadening material. I was actually thinkin about usin brown bread. I have heard that peoplesay this is as good as dynamat and half the cost. Probably gonna use somwhere around 140 sq ft. I dont really want alot of squeaking. maybe more its gonna be a while takin out all the interior and laying that stuff and putting it all back but it will be worth the effort. thanks for al the help guys.

Wes

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic