icon

trunk release/sensor shunt input?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
l8zer 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2002 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  

I though I had it figured out.. I guess NOT.

I'm installing a Hornet 700T factory keyless  alarm upgrade in my VW GOLF 2000 w/o power windows. 

I tapped a wire from the BROWN / black (-) wire for the trunk/hatch release and wired this to a relay to reverse the polarity to (+) since the 700T alarm input is expecting a (+).  I know my relay works, but the alarm is never bypassing the sensor (i.e. proximity sensor, shock sensor...)  What am I doing wrong?

Anybody ever do such a install on other vehicules?

Any help you be appreciated..

Thanks

christophe 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2002 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  

Is this wire you inverted hooked to the WHITE/ Blue on the hornet?

Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 18, 2002 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  

Hey l8zer,

Don't forget that the sensor bypass is dependant on TWO parameters.  First of all, when the WHITE/ blue shunt input receives a positive trigger it shunts the shock and trunk pin for only 3 seconds.  Secondly, within those three seconds the blue instant trigger has to see a negative input from the trunk pin switch for example.  It will shunt as long as the trunk remains open and will become active three seconds after the trunk is closed.  Is this what you did?  trunk release/sensor shunt input? - Last Post -- posted image. 

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
l8zer 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2002 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  

yes the wire is inverted to the WHITE/ blue wire of the Hornet...

right now I don't even have a instant trigger installed to the trunk, because I thought when I would open the trunk it would trigger the alarm.  The wire I used to connect to the WHITE/ blue is actually the trunk release wire, it only is grounded when the hatch is open.. not when I press my hatch release button off my keyfob.

Is this the right wire to use??  also which wire would I use for the hatch trigger, the same wire, being the BROWN / black?  If so wouldn't that defeat the security, meaning if an intruder would break in by the hatch and open the hatch, the alarm would be bypassed?

l8zer 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2002 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
anyone?
dan768 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2002 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
How about using the BROWN / black(-) or BROWN / blue(-) at the hatch light.Let me know if it works.
dan
Remember (there are no hard cars,some just take longer to install on then others)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic