icon

Toyota defroster remote start hook up?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
clex2 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2003 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 1996 Toyota Tercel (manual) which I just installed a remote starter.  I had to bypass the clutch, but otherwise the install of the DirectStart CS124 was pretty straight forward.  The only thing I wasn't able to do was hook up the negative output for the defroster.  The defroster is on a timer.  The switch is rather complicated with a circiut board and timer, not a simple switch or relay.  I have no idea where in the circuit to splice in the output wire.  Doed anyone have experience with this type of derfoster circuit.  I have included a wiring diagram of the deforst circuit.  The actual circuitry of the timer switch seems more complicated than what is represented.  Anyway, any input is greatly appreciated.  Otherwise, with winter fast approaching, I may have to make do with a warm interior, defrosted front windshield, and ice on the back window.  ThanksToyota defroster remote start hook up? - Last Post -- posted image.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2003 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
i would suggest goin straight to the button and check it out. its probably just couple of wires to toggle to complete circuit.
just my 2cents
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
xetmes 
Silver - Posts: 586
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2003 at 4:30 AM / IP Logged  
yea look at the switch, determine how many wires come out of the switch alone, check how the switch behaves (NO, NC) and then use a relay to mimic pressing the switch.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic