icon

Remote start/Battery Drain 2000 Dodge Caravan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wurkinman76 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2003 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  

I need help with the door lock/ unlock portion of my remote start install. I am installing a Audivox Prestige AS 9075 remote start for use with the factory installed keyless entry. I have it all hooked up but the door locks.. It has a three wire harness,  Red is supposed to go to the drivers door unlock motor leg.  RED / Black is supposed to go to the unlock wire of the door lock control switch, and the Green wire is supposed to go to the drivers door lock motor leg.  what is a motor leg?? The wiring diagram I found on here says something about the BCM?  what is that and where is it located?  Thanks for anyones help with this!

Josh

samdub 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2003 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
the bcm is on the driver side  under dash mounted too the fire wall has two white plugs the one closest to brake should have WHITE/ light green wire its a single wire system that operates on resistance 250 ohm for unlock 1500 ohm for lock
wurkinman76 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2003 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
I checked that connector and there was no WHITE/ light green wire in it. the other white connector I can hardly get too. Any where else this wire might be??
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2003 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
Ok lets see if I can help.  I have done one of these a while back and the door lock and unlock wire is a WHITE/ green and is at the left plug at the botton of fuse box under cover.  The resistance is correct as stated above by samdub.  If you cannot find it there you will find it for sure in the drivers kick where all the wires are coming oaut from the rubber boot that is between the door and the frame of the car, just strip back that part of wire and it should appear there.  If it is not there, hollar at me and I will try and help you out as much as possible.  Let me know how it goes.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
wurkinman76 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2003 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  

I finally found the WHITE/ green wire. Thanks guys. But it still won't start. ARGHHHH The instructions tell me to hook into 2 different wires. the motor legs and the unlock wire of the door lock control switch, but since the caravan only has the one wire system, shouldn't I be hooking them all into the WHITE/ green?

Thaks for all the help

Josh

daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2003 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, me again, do you have a web site for this alarm, because I was asking all around work about it and nobody in my install land seemed to know this one.  OR just the brand I will find the web site.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
wurkinman76 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2003 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
I just wanted to clarify to everyone that when I say it won't start, I mean it doesn't even crank. My factory keyless entry works, but when I hit lock/unlock/lock on the remote to activate the starter, nothing happens. Possible third ignition wire somewhere? 2 start wires? I am beginning to regret even attempting this!.
derek123 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2003 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  

to prove your connections are correct at the ign switch, simply hotwire the vehicle.

jump the Ign wire(s) you have selected to 12 + volts, then do the same to the starter wire. ( do this with the wire that are going in to the R.S. to prove the wires are right, and connected properly) once the vehicle starts relase the starter wire. if it doenst start this way, you have missed something....

2000 ? transponder perhaps ?

GottaBNeat 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2003 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
Puth the key in the ignition and turn it to on, but don't start. Then activate your remote start. If the car starts, then you missed a wire or wired an ingition as accessory or vice versa. If it doesn't start at all, then you have to program the tach wire. Also if you installed this new ,out of the box, then you need to connect and program the tach wire or the remote starter will not do anything. Audiovox remote starters do not work without a tach signal. It might flash your parking lights 7 times if you haven't programmed tach. Hope this helps. PM me or email me if you'd like. I used to work for Audiovox and installed at a Chrysler dealer, so I know I can help you. Endlessaudio@aol.com
wurkinman76 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2003 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  

I just installed a Audivox AS9075 Remote start module on my 2000 Dodge Caravan, The Heater blower doesn't work when the van is under control of the remote start and after the van sits over night, the battery goes dead.

Any Ideas???

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic