icon

Amps and caps x 2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Gman73 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2003 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  

Yeah guys thanks for the info........just finished installing the Power Acoustic LT960/4 and I'm returning it ...........sounds weak all punch no fedelity my urban(uaw400) sounds much sweeter.....but clips...when pushed

System power remains reliably...13.8v...........12.4 even on the heaviest bass peaks....0ne cap.

can anyone suggest a better 4ch rig.....4x100rms or better.....under $200  

greg
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2003 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  

Use the caps dude, they react faster than your battery can (they do not put more tax on the charging system), they charge / discharge way faster than a battery can yet slower than an alternator can react. You are only drawing high peaks of current under certain conditions like you originally stated, the cap can easily recharge in milliseconds, it will definitely help you out. Now if you are clipping it could be the source material you are playing has extra bass energy recorded in it (most people on these columns miss this fact - this is why some songs sound great and some sound like a$$ at the same volume level) If you are clipping, turn the gain on the amp down or more than likely the amp is being driven into clipping because the signal going into it has been clipped at the source. I noticed that you are now asking about a better sounding amp, the made in singakoreatiawanapore Power Acoustic is a good amp like you said but it does not have the fidelity you want, to me this reads I want sound quality. Get yourself an American built sq amp like an Xtant, higher end Soundstream (not the low end), any EclipseAmps and caps x 2 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image., Orion or whatever favorite you find that says made in USA. They cost a little more but do a way better job. If you are up to another experiment and want to keep an open mind and explore other possibilities, sq and performance start at the cd player, find yourself an Eclipse and have a listen, you will not be disappointed. Your feedback is welcomed and that of the others. We all have differing opinions but we all like our car audio.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Gman73 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2003 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  

Well thanks for the F/back Forbidden, but my pioneer DEH77 has more than enough output voltage and all my wiring is monster cable and AR I have no problems with noise interferance, I am a veteran in the area of home HI Fi gear, and live by Paul Klipsh addage "Loud is good as long as it"s clean ".......so my rack in my bassment consist of brands like CROWN, AB , QSC, PHASE LINEAR, BEHINGER, FURMAN, LEXICON, ZOOM ....and the speakers are 18" FANE COLOSSUS.. 15" FANE COLOSSUS...ALTEC SECTORAL HORNS.....So my hearing is pretty much shot after years using this type of equipment.......so I realize that the urban uaw400 is clipping not because of the source signal, it just lacks the reserve power to handle the upper-mid and high frequencys on demand.....power output : 50x4 rms. True the source signal is very important but your amplifiers must be able to maintain the integrity of the source.......

So I'm going to pick up a PYLE PLA4370......American made in........BKLYN  NY.......your right it will cost a little more but my ears are worth it.....!!

Thanks again for your opinion..........................LOUD IS GOOD AS LONG AS IT'S CLEAN..........Amps and caps x 2 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

greg
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic