Aftermarket Power Locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
proph 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2002 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  

Help please,

Im not sure what kit it is but I have installed power locks in that had a module on it.  By the aftermarket diagram it says that with all the wiring hooked up through the module all I need to do is to hook the two wires to the alarm and Im good.  That didnt work like it was supposed to, so I decided to cut the module out and use relays to wire it up, but Im still having the same problem.  What the lock is doing is it is unlocking the vehicle then relocking it.  I tried the reverse polarity acutuator setup for wiring the relays and it still does the same thing.  The aftermarket set had two wires to one actuator 1 (green and blue), and the other actuator 2 has 5 wires (black, white, brown, green and blue).  The module has all the wires as the last actuator plus the 12v+ and ground.  I tried the alarm on actuator 1 to rule out the possibility of those extra wires flipping polaritys and it did the same thing.  What could it be?  Im going to check my ground again to see if maybe its the problem.  I have a Excalibur AL-1000ATV2 installed. Could it be the alarm that is doing it?  Im posting a part of the manual below to rule out the alarm:

Feature #12: 2nd Channel Output Disarms System (Factory Setting ON)

Feature Turned On: When the 2nd channel output is utilized, the security system will also disarm at the same time, chirping the siren twice, unlocking the doors and turning the exterior lights on for thirty or five seconds. The 2nd channel output, and this feature, can be used for remote trunk release operation.

Feature #13: .8 / 3 Second Doorlock Pulse (Factory Setting .8 (ON)

Feature Turned On: The doorlock outputs have a .8 second negative pulse to an optional doorlock interface to operate the vehicle's power doorlocking system.

Feature Turned Off: The doorlock outputs have a 3 second negative pulse to an optional doorlock interface to operate the vehicle's vacuum doorlocking system.

Feature #14: Double Unlock Pulse (Factory Setting OFF)

Some newer vehicles require a doorlock interface which provides a double doorlock output pulse to unlock all of the vehicle's doors. Feature #12 must be .8 second doorlock pulse time (Feature #12 turned ON) for Feature #14 to operate.

Feature Turned On: The unlock output provides two pulses.

Feature Turned Off: The unlock output provides a single pulse.

GlassWolf 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2002 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
it's relocking the doors due to the double pulse enabled feature of option 13 or 14.
I'd disable both and see if that helps.
-GlassWolf
Pioneer Stage-4, Orion, DynAudio, Fi
proph 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2002 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  

wouldn't feature 13 be for vaccum doorlocking system?

Samantha 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2002 at 5:38 AM / IP Logged  
Also with the five wire motors if they are slightly out of whack with each other that will cause the problem. Try disconnecting the black, white and brown wires from the motors. If that works I would probably just leave them disconnected cos if your locking your doors with the alarm you won't really need them anyway, they are there so that if you lock the doors with car key, the doors will all lock not just one of them. If you do still won't them connected you may need to adjust the central locking rods a bit. Let me know if thats what it is anyway. Thanks
Sam
ubermench 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2003 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  

I have this same problem maybe even the same kit.  Everything works well except some of the time (most of the time) the door unlocks and then relocks.  I also have tried other relays could the problem be physical with some sort of rebound when the door unlocks it causes it to relock??  I have done everything I can think of with the wiring but have'nt taken the doors off to adjust the rod or anything..any ideas would help...

Thx

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic