icon

Karr Model 4040

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TrickDaddy 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2003 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  

Can anyone help me on this one? There is a KARR Security system installed on my 1998 Ford Expedition XLT with 5.4L engine. The features the Alarm has is:

---- Starter Disable---LED Light----Flashing Parking Lights---Passive Arming or Active Arming---Panic Remote---Illuminated Entry---Auto Lock/Unlock Upon Ignition---Two  Stage Shock Sensor(Electronic)---Audible Status Confirmation---Auto Rearming. The Vevhicle is equipped with the PATS security system also.

Does anyone know where I can fine the wiring diagram for this alarm? I want to install a AutoPage LCD alarm. Thanks in advance

TrickDaddy

TrickDaddy 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2003 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  

Can anyone help me? I got the KARR Alarm 4040. Is there a diagram or instllation manual for this alarm? I tried emailing and calling KARR Security, no help, no response. I want to remove it.  I need a diagram to properly remove it without damaging my truck. I got 1998 Ford Expedition. I want to install an Autopage.

I have read many posts about factory arm/disarm, but I dont see how you do it on this alarm, so I figure why not take it out? Any help would greatly appreciated.

Trick Daddy
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2003 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
if you know where the main unit is, you should be able to unplug it. you may be able to use the same connections for the new unit. make sure you pull the fuses on the harness so you dont short anything out....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
TrickDaddy 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2003 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  

Hey draasch,

Thanks for the reply. I can remove the brain. I will be very careful, whoever put this one in was using the force.

TrickDaddy (STM)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic