icon

How to adjust proximity and glass sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1998chevy1500 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2003 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
I have a CS-2015 and have wired in a proximity sensor and a glass break sensor but I don't have a clue how to adjust them properly. The proximity sensor is a 2 stage one with 2 different knobs the glass break one only has one knob. My shock sensor I think I have prety close but if you can give me a procedure to that too it would be very helpful.
thankx
conrad
youngblood 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2003 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  

Two stage proximity detectors have one adjustment per zone.... Two zones - One zone inside, One zone outside.   Adjust the inside zone to read when an intrusion upon the vehicles interior is breached.  Don't be overzealous in setting the interior as you don't want it to set the alarm off when someone breaks wind outside your vehicle, you'll have nothing but problems.  The outter zone you may set to your comfort level but don't go crazy with it either... I usuall aim for a foot outside the vehcles glass.  This sets off the preintrusion warning sound, much like your shocksensors first stage sound.  clockwise more sensitive, counterclockwise less sensitive.... Easy as pie.  Glass breakage.... Aim for the middle to start and tap a set of keys on the door to try and mimic the frequency of glass breaking.  Some of the newer sensors are intelligent enough to distinguish between false alarms and the actual frequency that glass emits when it does indeed break.  It's going to be a trial and error type process to perfection.... no doubts there.  But I have an extraordinarily large amount of faith in you.

atomsite 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2003 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
I wonder if you could experiment by actually breaking some glass bottles with a hammer to simulate the sound. Do it in a plastic trash bag.
youngblood 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2003 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
Funny that you should mention that.... lol  That's what I do...but I didn't want to mention it at the risk of sounding foolish... hehe
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2003 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
1998chevy1500,
Just some simple tips for you in regards to the placment of the microwave sensor, for optimum performance.
1) Place the unit as central & level as possible in the vehicle. This will ensure a even coverage, and allow the beam pattern to be as uniform as can be expected in a vehicle setting.
The objective is to shoot for a egg shape pattern. You will never achieve a complete 360' circle, that will never happen.
2) Do not allow metal objects to hinder / block the unit as this will create a void for the beam, or rather a window of penetration not covered by the sensor.
3) Each type of microwave sensor has a *attack* signature. Meaning, the rate of feed-back that it will allow, prior to tripping the alarm.
Some units allow anywhere from 1-3 feet per second. Others allow more, during cold and hot weather periods.
To varify the rate of attack, simply set the units outer perimeter to what ever distance you feel is required. Arm the alarm... Then start slowly walking toward the vehicle keeping a steady pace.
You will repeat this procedure untill you have found the attack time it will allow. This most be known to combat the other resources we use to defeat the sensors.
You will repeat the same process with quick jabs / waves of your arm. This too, will tell you the rate of decay, and response to and from the sensor.
4) During the two most extreme months of the year. Calibrate and re-set the sensor, and test them for coverage and penatration for hot and cold.
5) Do not allow the unit to be in any form of EMI / RFI.
ie. Speaker wire, antenna leads, etc. This will distort the field, and will cause irregular attack times, stated above.
P.S
You will also want to do the water test...
Regards
EVIL Teken. . .   

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic