How Good Are Audiobahn Products?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BaddestBanshee 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2004 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  

MAXST wrote:
Personally, if you are looking for a cheaper product, go with adire audio at www.adireaudio.com  Their products are almost the best, below eclipse and JL, but they arent very expenive, so they are a great buy.

audiobahn is a subsidiary company of eclipse! IN OTHER WORDS, eclipse makes them.

Want to know about Audi, I thought you did.
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2004 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  
i know something that kills a JL W7 anyday. the new MTX T9500...and it is a proven fact that they are better subs than a JL W7...i also heard stories of them putting up speakers on chains, (totally free air) some of the Top of the line subs like JL, MB quart, Kicker, and i think they even had Sony's top of the line sub chained up there with them. they started out with a certain input of wattage to the speakers, and kept on increasing the power, of course the first to go was the sony, but in the end it was JL and MTX still going, JL went and MTX went twice as long as the JL did! :p thats just stories though..(shrugs)
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2004 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  

JL Audio's W7 is not strictly an SPL sub, it's for both SPL AND SQ. Not sure about the MTX sub, but my guess is it's strictly an SPL sub, and therefore, SHOULD last longer than a W7. If it didn't then you'd have some pretty obvious answers from that test (or story)...

That's where a lof of people are (I think) getting confused in this thread. There is a difference between SPL and SQ. Some subs can do both better than those that do one or the other.

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2004 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  

I would like to see the info that eclipse is a parent company.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2004 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
Chadfx you're right about audiobahn products but I havnt heard anything bad about Memphis products. From what it looks and sounds like to me Memphis is alot better then any of the walmart crapp products you said have the same performance as they do.
AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2004 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  

Audiobahn products cant even hold a candle to memphis products, memphis can run with the big dogs of the car audio world

Lexx_dog 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2004 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  

Ok I will post my 2 pennies on this one! i have played with alot of audiobahn and for the money they do hit well. I just installed 2 aluminum 15's in my lexus and they sounded like ass! i then replaced them with 4 swiss audio 12's and let me tell you SWISS audio is making a name. They hit very hard without any distortion and they are pocket friendly.

On another note I just finished a grandam for clowning purposes and let me tell you. It was so funny....... I did 2 cheap a$$ audiobahn 12's in a sealed box powered by 4 jensen(yes I said JENSEN) 200 watt amps. This car hits rediculas. We spent $240 for box,amps,subs,wiring,and distribution blocks.

I have head audiobahn products get with it and I have heard other stuff sound like ass. I am going to have to stay neutral on this one.

although I ran 3 mtx thunder 5000 12's in my nissan hardbaody and it was killer. I ran a custom bandpass box and a orion 250 hcca. people were thinking I had jl's untill they saw 3 $130 woofers in there. I personally think it all depends on the enclosure. I ran that set up for 4 years untill the box blew apart and the subs blew.

i will have to agree with most of the people on here and go with jl's,mtx,kicker,or swiss audio(if you can get them)

LEXX

Page of 6

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic