icon

Wiring MA Audio HC2501 to two 12w6v2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
SonicBoom 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2003 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  

i have a pair of 12w6v2 and an MA Audio HC2501 amp how do i go about wiring these speakers to these subs for 1 ohm performance and also how do i wire the amp to make it 1 ohm.

this may be an elemantery question but im still in the 5th grade when it comes to this stuff.

and what about a capacitor how to wire that correctly with all of this?

any help is appreciated

EzekialPhoenix 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2003 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
To wire those subs up the way you want, you first have to tell us what the impedence is.  Those subs come with a few different choices if I remember correctly and whichever version you have will determine the proper wiring configuration.
I be tossin and flossin, my style is awesome. Causin' more family feuds than Richard Dawson.
dcgc 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2003 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  
The 12w6v2 can be wired at either 2 ohm (parallel) or 8 ohm (series) only. I dont know what your specs are on the amp. The JL's are rated at 400w continuous. The nominal impedance on the drivers are dual 4ohm.
2003 Silverado Ext. cab
Kenwood mp922
Kenwood kgc6042a EQ
JL Audio xr650-csi
MB Quart PSC 213
JL Audio 300/4
pair of JL Audio 12w6v2
JL Audio 1000/1
SonicBoom 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2003 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  

from what i was told they are 2 ohm speakers and somehow wiring them together makes it 1 ohm ?

for the mono amp

EzekialPhoenix 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2003 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, I just checked te specs on JL's website.  Those subs are dual 4 ohm voice coil subs, which is why you are able to wire them at 1 ohm.  In order to do this, it is very simple.  Wire the positive terminals on each voice coil to each other and do the same for the negative terminals.  So in other words, positive to positive, negative to negative.  Then, do the same thing for the other sub.  Now you have the voice coils connected to each other on each sub.  Now, you're next step is to wire the subs together.  Run wire from the positive terminal of either voice coil on one of the subs, to the positive terminal of either voice coil on the other sub.  Do the same thing for the negative terminals.  Finally, run wire from the positive terminal of either voice coil on either sub to the positive terminal on the amp and do the same for the negative.  Overall, connect all the positive terminals together and all the negative terminals together, then run it all to the amp.  That will give the amp a 1 ohm load.  You don't have to do anything to the amp.  Whatever load the subs are wired to is what the amp sees. 

I've never wired a capacitor, so I don't want to screw up and give you incorrect instructions.  I'm sure plenty of people on here have done that and can help you with that. 

I be tossin and flossin, my style is awesome. Causin' more family feuds than Richard Dawson.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic