icon

2004 Silverado Radio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrnorms313 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2003 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
I have a base Silverado with plain stock am/fm radio, no cd, no cassette. I looked this site over from top to bottom and cannot find a wiring diagram for the radio anywhere. I ve seen this asked here before but know one can seem to come up with any thing besides sending them to another site that has the older diagrams, it must be for the 2003/2004 trucks.
pleeeeeeeeeease help
boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2003 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  
Not sure what you wanna do but if your replacing the factory radio you may be able to buy a harness which would then be coded. Also I have seen some GM radios with the wiring marked on the cases. Good luck
dcgc 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2003 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
I can't seem to find my diagram I used with my truck. I strongly suggest you remove the radio and take a very, very good look at the harness plug before you buy one.
Even draw a picture. I also suggest you shop local,if it's not the right one take it back. These harness's
can run upwards to $20.I was sold two that didn't work, I eventually ran wires to my fuse block. My truck had the bose system, now my door chime doesn't work.
2003 Silverado Ext. cab
Kenwood mp922
Kenwood kgc6042a EQ
JL Audio xr650-csi
MB Quart PSC 213
JL Audio 300/4
pair of JL Audio 12w6v2
JL Audio 1000/1
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2003 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
If you're looking to replace the factory radio on one of these trucks, I recommend using Metra's VTGMRC01 databus interface, which gives you a door chime speaker and supplies a switched power wire with retained accessory power. You can make individual splices for each wire, but there is no switched power wire in the harness, and the BCM probably won't like the fact that it's sending signals to a radio that's not there.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic