icon

99 ford explorer eddie bauer remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
murraymurray 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  

I installed a command start 310I in my fatherinlaws eddie bauer ford explorer a couple of years ago. works just great with awsume range. This year his wife lost the keys with the remote. Not knowing there was a key in the transponder module my fatherinlaw took it to ford and they made him new keys. I got him a new remote and programed it but now the security won't let it start. It just spins for the desired time and then shuts down. My question is do you think ford when made new transponders keys they reprogramed the ECM to a different chip. Or do you think they may have removed the key tumbler and somehow on replacing it moved the transponder module ring around the key cylinder. the vehicle will start by remote with the key in the ignition. I am asking this question to save some time when I go to fix it as I am limited to shop time in the winter months

Thanks Murraymurray

murraywatchel
nighthawk2k 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
Murray,
e-mail me @ tommy@stonehedgestudios.com
i have the programming instructions to program the transponder keys. your going to have to take the key out.
Tommy
-Clifford/Directed/Alpine-Audio & Security-
New York Installer99 ford explorer eddie bauer remote start - Last Post -- posted image.
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2004 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
you do not have to take the key out. the ford pats system uses a transponder system that uses keys that have a specific code. each key has a different transponder and are as unique as a human fingerprint. the dealer had to erase all transponders from the pcm in order to program the new key. after doing this no key would start the car until they introduced two keys to the car. they took the one surviving key and the newly cut key and reintroduced them to the car. the dealer did not know of the third key buried in the dash. to learn that key get the two programmed keys. turn one in the run position for 4 sec. take it out and turn the second key for four sec. now take it out and remote start the car. the theft light in the cluster will glow for four seconds as the car starts. be sure not to leave more than a few seconds between steps.
murraymurray 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2004 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Guys this sure nis a great site. i thought I would have to  spend a hour or so taking thing apart to replace key in the transponder, but instead with the info you gave me I had it working in less than a minute. How mmany keys can a person program to these ford vehicles and would it work if you if I installed the remote starter and made sure everything was working properly by remote starting with the key in the ignition and then went into program mode and do the two keys I have and then try to remote start it with no signal.

would it accept a no signal to start just wondering I am going to try that next time.

Thank Murray Watchel

murraywatchel

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic