icon

Interface Module?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Heathen 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2004 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  
I am looking for an interface module to work on a 2004 Chevy Duramax truck.I would like it to be able to bypass the passlock module,control the heated seats and memory.Kind of an all in one module.I was givin a Crimestopper part # GM-U7 but can not find any info on the net for it.Thanks H.
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2004 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
i dont think the driver recognition will work with any module....but as for the passlock, try a GIT module
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2004 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
There is also a module called GM DATA ALL or GMDAAA. It claims to do both the Passlock and keyless/alarm functions and more. I don't know where you can get one but it is supposed to do what you are asking for.
sparky
Heathen 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2004 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Guys I appreciate the info.I will continue looking.A couple of my friends went to the sema show in Vegas this weekend for 12volt maybe they might come up with something.
Haku 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2004 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  

Sparkie is correct, those part numbers are the same as the GM-U7.  I pulled back the sticker from one of my GM-U7's, and found a part number of GMDAAA.  So Crimestopper must sticker/package them as thier own.

Hak
Siemens Autostart
Haku 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2004 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  

And sorry, forgot to post this... Those modules bypass the Passlock, and also interfaces with the computer for door locks, security, ect....  Easy to use. 

PS.. Thanks again for the help earlier Sparkie!!

If you need one of those GM-U7's, here is a link to where you can get one, they are reasonably priced, honest seller.

http://sitemanager.theinternetsolution.com/hometronicz/products

He doesnt have them listed on his website, but he has them in stock.  Just email him for a price.

Hak
Siemens Autostart
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2004 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
I have a diagram that shows how to use the factory transmitter to control the locks and arming by soldering the lock and unlock outputs to the pc board. Although this is not the ideal setup for doing the locks, I thought it might be possible to control the memory that way. I have never tried it, so i cant say for sure, but if the memory is controlled by the transmitter, I would think it could work.
I also have a diagram for how to control the heated seats using an auxilary channel (commonly the trunk release since trucks dont have em) It is only listed under the 2002 model though so i dont know if it will work for the 03 or 04's. It also requires you to solder 2 wires to the PC board next to the heated seat switch.
email me if you are interested in any of this.
Sorry there is no single module way of doing all that. Bypasskit.com needs to get their act together and put things out like that.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2004 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the tips. I've tried the method of soldering wires inside the module to get the door locks. NOOOO Thank you. I'll never try it again. It is way too diificult and unreliable. As for the seat switch this is possible and not too difficult and works well if the modules don't do as they claim.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic