icon

95 blazer s-10 signal light problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kalito 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  
i should olso mention the i have led winshild wshers and the light do not go on when the signal is not on... or the bumper light either.......today on my way back from work... and the signal , bumper and led washer was off. i stoped at a traffic light, i put the lights off and turned them back on and abra-cadabra the lights when on... but after a few minutes ...abra-cadabra... the danm lights were off again.... how do i know if the lights are on of off... you may ask? when i am inside the car.... well the signal light in the inside does on...this a diagram of what i see when the lihjt switch is on the "on" position and all the should the "on" on the out side of the vehicle...and no lights "on" (signal lights)on the dashboard...95 blazer s-10 signal light problem - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
kalito 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  
95 blazer s-10 signal light problem - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
kalito 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
95 blazer s-10 signal light problem - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
superchuckles 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2004 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged  
replace the sockets, and ground the new ones on a clean spot.  if you turn your lights on and the light goes out, it's not making contact with the ground - it's easier to just go to auto-zone or whatever you have nearby, and buy new sockets than it is to try to clean and repair them.  the contacts (which also work as springs) tend to lose their spring action, and will make crappy connection on the bulb...... you may be able to clean them, etc - but it's just easier and more reliable to buy new sockets for 3 or 4 dollars and replace them (and while you're at it, making sure the ground wire is grounded extra good)    i always love it when i see someone's tail light on one side go out when they hit the brakes (and they don't have any brake light on that side either, since the ground isn't making contact)..... always cracks me up
Dauber 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2004 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
For it being a 95-96 blazer I would be surprised if the bulb sockets were gone, or one of them at least, mroe than likely because it is a common thing with GM vehicles that the ground wires corrode too quick and intermittently go on and off.
Kyle@Audio Obsession Sound
kalito 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2004 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
i look at the rounding points and the are perfect ... no looseness or corrotion...one thing i don't understand is why all 3 lights go out at ones... i notice another thign is the for the last 2 days it was working fine and as soon as a hit and bump the light goes about.... witch socket should i change ... the one over the aluminun block... or the ones by the bults...i'm thinking the one over the block... is the one you are telling me, right...
superchuckles 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2004 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
it is because the ground point for all 3 lights is BAD - the only other thing it can be other than that is, there is a break in the circuit somewhere between the drivers side front of the cab, and the driver side rear of the bed....  check the plug that is right behind the axle, but before the very rear of the truck - sometimes they will be corroded or partially unplugged...  but the thing is, it's feeding back into the dash light, so it still has to be a bad ground on that side.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic