icon

ugh, gotta vent

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2004 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  
we get calls to put in bulldogs too, i tell them we wont warranty products that arent ours.  that, and we dont have access to whatever companies tech support.  when people come in with their ghetto 84 box and want an amp put in with cut wires from who ever it was stolen from, i tell them they need the $80 amp kit on the wall behind me.  i will not do an install with crap products/parts and be held liable when it fails.  then they complain that an avital or clifford remote start is $200 with free basic install, + extra parts/labor and the bull dog is $48 at walmart.... uhhhhhhhhhhh go do it yourself for 48 bucks.
MECP certified installer
atwageman 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2004 at 3:28 AM / IP Logged  

I get people from time to time with wal-mart specials, and they freak out when I want them to sign their life away saying I'm not liable for anything as a result of their $48 special.

I do mainly custom rv/trailor fabrication and design from the ground up and therefore don't see a lot of the normal crowds you guys see. 

Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
markcars 
Silver - Posts: 662
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2004 at 7:13 AM / IP Logged  
Then you're probably one of the luckier ones if you don't get to see the 48 buck types.
atwageman 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2004 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, I am lucky.  Most the people I deal with have no problem spending their cash to have all the bling, bling they want installed correctly.
Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic