icon

F150, Giordon TOP686 Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rgbutler 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2004 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
I made a mistake, trying to save a few bucks and ordered an alarm system from Hong Kong.  Someone shoot me!  The instruction manual, or as they put it the English Publishment, is translated very poorly from Japanese I think, and therefore impossible to understand.  On top of this, the diagrams are 2" x 3" and don't blowup well.  Can anyone point me to a source to find good diagrams and instructions for this unit.  I have found several good posts on my truck, F150, but nothing on this unit.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2004 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
do you have a link to the unit? I am not sure how to get any info on it since i am sure no one has heard of it.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
rgbutler 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 8:12 AM / IP Logged  
do you mean the website?  The website I went to is http://www.giordon.com.cn/.  They are on Chinesse New Year until Feb.  I scan the image of the drawing and enlarged it to read it better, but it doesn't help much.  I have the basic unit functioning, without the remote start and a few extra connections.  One of the connections is labeled "Battery horn".  I tried connecting it to the horn wire, but that turned on the ignition all the time, without the starting circuit connected.  It also calls out for connections to: hand brake switch, foot brake switch and shooting device?  It already has a connection to the siren, so what is the shouting device?  It may be an option?  If anyone has dealt with poor translations before, maybe they can help.  Bottom line, buy from USA and keep life simple!  thanks
rgbutler 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  

F150, Giordon TOP686 Alarm -- posted image.

Here is a scan, small do to posting limitations.  Can anyone offer any suggested translations?  thanks a bunch.

tblanning 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  

try scanning again and blow it up bigger

you can email it to me and i will try to help

tblanning@verizon.net

Duston 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2004 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
hey dude, i just had some one buy this same unit and i told him i would try putting it in for him. No other installers will mess with it,  lol..  Junk, i got all the wires conected the alarm works fine, locks work but the starter won't work.. It think there is a trick to the key pad when starting it, First it has to be unlocked then within two seconds press start flash button-horn will beep 4 times and lights will blind once, then hold start button for 2 seconds..   Try that...  have fun    lol.....
Factory security systems suck!
rgbutler 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged  
duston, what is the battery horn?  You said you connected all the wires - this one doesn't make any sense.  What about the violet wire going to the coil?  Most of the time the cars will have electronic ignition rather than a coil and carb.  thanks
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  
Battery horn is for a back-up battery supply for the alarm...If I had to guess.
As for the coil, I'm sure this must be your tach source. Even fuel injected vehicles usually have some kind of coil or injector wire that you can use for an A/C tach reference signal when running.
hand brake switch...maybe it's Manual transmission compatible.
Foot brake switch...brake
That's all I can guess. The shooting device...Maybe it has an optional gun turret...F150, Giordon TOP686 Alarm -- posted image. Or did it say shouting? If so might be for a voice module that you can program your voice to warn away during alarming.
ywdb 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
Hi rgbutler,I have Giordon Top 686 Alarm,too.
So may-be I can teach you this alarm's wiring diagrams.
RED / Black:Battery horn-----back-up battery supply for alarm, or battery back-up siren use.
Violet:Going to the coil-----This wire conect to tach.
Blue:door trigger(-) input
Red:Shooting device-----This is Alarm pagers use.
White:Key on trigger(+12V) input
Orange:Foot brake (+12V) input---This is Ignition controlled door locks(Start door locks) use only.
Green:Hand brake switch(-) input----This is safety shutdown input wire. This wire must be conect. If you don't conect this wire, remote starter cannot use.
Yellow:Stater kill relay(-) output when system triggered.
rgbutler 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  

thanks everyone, hopefully all of this info will help me finish the job this weekend. 

Question for "ywdb".  Being from Japan you may have a manual written in a different language that make more sense.  The way I have my alarm connected now, if the doors open the lights flash?  This can't be correct.  It also chirps 3 times when i get out of the truck, without arming.  Any ideas why?  Did you connect to the turn signals or lights for the brown wires?  thanks a bunch.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic