icon

2004 Avalanche w/Bose system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Haldol 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  

Is that the only part I need? I noticed on the site: http://www.audiowarehouse.peachhost.com/ct_PR34080345.htm

that if the vehicle isnt listed, you will need several other parts too. this is a 2004 avalanche and I don't see it listed.

Haldol 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2004 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
After looking at that PAC product closely, all it is, is an SNI35 look-alike that's installed right at the radio instead of at the speakers. I think that will work and I will try it (not to conflict with what ppl have told me). I will report the results when I get them.
Haldol 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 6:08 AM / IP Logged  

Besides the obvious appearance of the interface and the fact that it comes with the harness attached, what is the difference between the basic functions of the PAC C2A-GM24 and the PAC SNI-35?

Now: for those of you who have replied to my previous posts about the 2004 Avalanche, I am not ignoring what you stated. It's just that the more that I look at a picture of the GM24, the more it looks like an SNI-35 simply tapped into the audio output leads of the radio before the signal hits the factory amp.

Both modules appear to be adjustable and have the RCA outputs and speaker level inputs. It seems that you could just mimic the GM24 with an SNI-35 by tapping into the factory audio leads right behind the radio.

Someone had said when I commented on tapping at the speaker to get a signal for an SNI-35 (for the purpose of adding a sub amp to a 2004 Avalanche) that if I did that, I would get a signal with no low frequencies. That seems logical however, b/c the signal has already been processed by the Bose amp which I would think would no doubt have crossover protection built in. Shouldn't the signal from the radio however, be full range?

Haldol 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  

I need to know what the wiring diagram is for a 2004 Avalanche with Bose. Our database here on the site doesn’t have it.

Any takers?

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
With the C2A-GM24 it plugs into the back of the radio, but if you were to use the SNI35 you would need to tap in after the factory amp.
Haldol 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  

Well, as a lot of you can see, I have posted many time about the 2004 Avalanche and about whether an PAC SNI-35 will work in the place of the PAC C2A-GM24 interface when you want to add an sub amplifier to a factory Bose system. It occurred to me (as most often the case) that I could try to call PAC about this and see what they think. So, I did… and the result is surprising! Just as in the days of old when you had to add an amp to a 1991 Cadillac, the same thing will work here. Instead of buying that $75 to $120 harness to do the job, you can do it now with a $15 SNI-35, tapping into the audio leads behind the radio, before they get to the amp… or so the guy at the PAC tech support told me (1-800-854-3133 for PAC and tell the lady you have a tech question).

So, I hope this helps others as it did for me. I will post the results of my work after I do it tomorrow. Now, if I can only get some wiring colors!

rbbrink 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
If the Avalanche system is the same as the Sierra when the rear tuner/headphone jack is activated it turns the rear door speakers off.  Hooking your  LOC to them  might not be something you want to do.  If you have read any of my previous posts you will notice I had trouble doing a similar install on my '04 Sierra, but I think I have it figured out.   I hooked my LOC to the factory sub wires coming out of the amp (Light green  -,  Dark green + on one side and Grey  -,  Tan + on the other) these wires are twisted pairs so not to confuse them with others.  The pink wire seems to work for a signal.  The PAC stuff looks nice but it is a little pricey for me,and you need four different pieces,  I just used the $15 one.  And if the location of components is the same all the wires you will need to access are under the big poket in the center console, just remove it and you can seen the amp and all the wires with plenty of room to tuck stuff and no need to pull the radio.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  

The $15 one sounds fine. I think the overly expensive one I showed you was just if you didnt want to cut up your factory wiring harness.

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2004 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

The $15 one you mentioned sounds fine. I think the one that was overly priced was just for people who dont want to cut up thier factory wiring harness like you said.

buslar 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2004 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
Why go through all this. When I do the GM systems with Bose radios I just go to the factory sub and grab the signal there. it works for me. Good clean signal and you retain all your original controls. Power is the only problem. Easiest way is to use sub amp with auto shut off. These are great factory systems they just need a little more kick.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic