icon

Ford tailgate emblem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
softball_4_ever 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2004 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  

I really need some help with this one.  I don't know if this is the right place to be searching for an answer but i've posted here before and recieved an answer.  I have a 1995 F150 and the FORD that is on the tailgate has partly chipped off.  I was wondering if it is paint that is on there or if it a sticker that I could buy somewhere.  If anybody as any ideas about the please let me know.

THANKS!

superchuckles 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2004 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  
those are generally a decal, but if i'm not mistaken, it's applied then a clear coat is applied over it -- easiest way to find out is to call your nearest ford dealers service dept and just ask 'em - they'll tell ya.... if you actually go down there and ask them, they'll probably tell ya just what you need to do to refinish it
iairj84 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2004 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
Ok i am not 100 sure, but this is what i did with a dodge truck i had a while back... start chipping the letters off with your fingernail, mine was coming off anyway. It will not all come off that easy, well at least mine didnt. Get some stuff called Goof-off that can be purchased just about anywhere, auto parts store, walmart, probobly even a grocery store. It will get any adhesive off, without damaging the paint at all. It is also helpfull and can be used to take off bumper stickers, emblems, goo, stuck on bird poop, just about anything that wont normall budge, works very well on tree sap. Well anyway, picking and using the method with the goof-off should get it off. Im sure a credit card would work also to scrape it off. Now I am not 100% sure if this will work with your car, but it did with mine. Also if it is a old car the paint underneath the letters might be lighter, or darker color depending on the paint color, and sun damage to the rest of the paint.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic