icon

2003 - 2004 Chevy Truck Tach

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kwalton 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone out there have better if than DEI for the tach wre location in a 2003 - 2004 chevrolet express van??
atcodoctor 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  

What size engine are you working with.

This is a 4.3 lit.  PCM plug is Blue. This is off of the crankshaft sensor. Pin 12 Yellow wire circuit 573.

I cannot find any RPM wire at the PCM on the 4.3 - 4.8 - 5.4 - 6.0 for 2003 or 2004

The Crankshaft sensor or the Camshaft sensor should provide the required signal, it is not the cleanest signal.

(or connecting to one of the coils)

YE

CKP Sensor Signal

TheDoctor
HamiltonAudio 
Silver - Posts: 278
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 8:12 AM / IP Logged  

why make life difficult?  the fuel injectors are very easily accessible, and provide a solid signal.  we've found Autostart will not work right UNLESS we use the injector.  if I remember correctly on the V8 models its /not/ the pink wire...

b

HamiltonAudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  

why make life difficult?  the fuel injectors are very easily accessible, and provide a solid signal.  we've found Autostart will not work right UNLESS we use the injector.  if I remember correctly on the V8 models its /not/ the pink wire...the coil for each cylinder will NOT provide tach...it measures very low, and Autostarts don't see it.

b

atcodoctor 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
Connecting to fuel injector is OK but watch out, pink is 12 volt power, the PCM controls the ground side of the injector and the pulse width for fuel control. Hopefully you do not get a check engine lite indicating a injector control circuit problem. If it works run with it.
TheDoctor
HamiltonAudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  

hey doc....good stuff.  although, please note in my above post I clearly put /not/ pink  2003 - 2004 Chevy Truck Tach - Last Post -- posted image.  we've found this is the only really reliable tach in these trucks for Autostart products.  have done MANY this season and never had an issue with the SES light...

b

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic