icon

2001 Monte Carlo stereo removal

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
93cougarxr7se 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  

I've looked around a few places and haven't been able to find anything showing how to remove it. I think my friend already has the installation harness and mounting harness, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to post that too.

Thanks a lot guy!

Ben Cline

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
Remove the cover panel on the very end of the driver's side dash. It's held on with clips. Remove the two screws holding the panel surrounding the gauges and radio. Remove the screws holding the driver's side underdash panel and the panel under the steering column. It' held in by screws on the bottom and clips on the top. Disconnect the plug for the trunk release. Remove the screw for the gauge/radio trim located behind the lower dash panel you just removed. Open the glove box to remove the screw holding in the right side of the panel. Adjust the steering column and shifter as down and into 1st gear. The rest of the panel is held in place by clips. You need to pull the plate rearward. The radio is then held in by three screws. You require a radio relocation kit as your radio is part of the vehicles Class II data system. Metra has the parts in their catalogue. You'll also require an antenna lead adaptor.
sparky
93cougarxr7se 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks!
87 Astro 4.3L; Eclipse CD5000
88 Bronco 351W on 32x11.5x15 Yokohamas, Clarion Phaze 1 Components.
Home: MTX Thunder8000 in truck box & Parts Express amp.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic