icon

anybody familar with crimestoppers?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ramit Damnit 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
I just recently bought a crimestopper 2011 RS for my 2003 dodge quadcab....i have printed the wiring diagram and everything....i hooked up everything as stated except the door locks and flashing lights....(they needed relays)...well my remote start wont even work...in the directions it states that door locks require a negative trigger through an 820 ohm resistor, unlocks require a 330 ohm....MUST USE RELAYS.....do i need a relay or resistor or both?
ccjustin 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
you need a 451m from dei or just two relays, the12volt has a diagram for 2 relays, then you put the resistors inline with the lock then the unlock wires and attach both to the dodge's one wire system. hope that helps
ramit Damnit 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
where exactly do i put the relays...on the main (2) 12volt lines coming in to the system?...or inline with the door locks?....and how do i wire up the resistors with the relays? sorry to be ignorant...gotta learn sometime i guess.....also shouldnt the remote start work even if i havent wired in the door locks and flashing lights??...it chirps 3X like its supposed to and the box clicks...just no start or attempt to turn the motor over.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
listen if teh ignition lights turn on when attempting a remote start and it dont crank thn your brown wire (starter out) is on the wrong side of teh starter kill's orange wire,also make sure the blue wire is not grounded or else it wont start and it will only chirp 3 times.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
u said it clicks so if ignition comes on but dont kick starter over then put the brown wire on the other orange wire from the starer kill and problem should be solved, Check the diagrams on this site for door locks that should explain that(they are in relay section).And yes it will work even if u dont connect locks and parking lights the problem is on your starter out of the unit >
ramit Damnit 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the advice mobile and ccjustin!!! i will try and see what will happen tommorrow

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic