icon

Audiobahn AWT15X Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Nt2bfkwit 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 2:21 AM / IP Logged  
Hey Neon....I just read this whole thread and my jaw was on the floor the whole time.  You might remember me from a question I had on the AWT10X's.  I'm the only post in the forum with that subject line.  I'm glad to see some positivity come out on this.   I still working on my truck so I havent hooke mine up yet.  I should have it done by this summer.   I can understand why people all over the web disses audiobahn.  I just spent a good half day surfing the web, looking at different forums and about 95% of everyone says Audiobahn is crap.  I hope the "Audio Gods" are smiling upond me when I hit the power button on my head unit.  I have 4 AWT10X.  I definitely don't want to go to this type of headache.  Thank God for discussion forums.   Please let us know how the re-incarnation goes.......
It's not a disease, It's a way of life. Eat it, drink it, dream it!!!
97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
ya iw ill, but i don;t think thew sub gonna be back til lsometine in june, sucks bad, iv'e been waiting so long
!! and now this happens,
dustin_parks79 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2004 at 3:01 AM / IP Logged  

I don't honestly see how they can say that is much of the prob. that in my opinion would have just caused your fuse to blow by over heating, "you did have a fuse on it right?"

and either way i think you can do somthing about them not replacing it if you have just bought it.

I don't know were you are from but i know here in the state of Texas that no matter the cause you have 90 days warranty no matter the issue, unless damaged personaly, like stabed with a screw driver while installing, or trying to push 1600 watts in to a 350 watt sub!

but yeah either way i would check into that if it ment getting a lawyer!

kickerstang 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2004 at 6:47 AM / IP Logged  
it was your box man!!!!!  you had it in a 5 ft3 sealed box. if you look at the spec sheet first off it doesn't recommend sealed for this sub and second the 5 ft3 you saw was for a ported box with two big ports 4" x 8".  your box blew your sub. sorry man
what!?!?! you want some??
Jay22 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2004 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
LOL R u from windsor...And bought it from Speed of sound. I was in there last week and heard Craig talkin about people that hook s**t up b/c they dont brake them in and then he said a guy blew up a brand new Audiobahn 15 inch with a 1000 watt amp.
Damn im a good listener.
Jay22 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2004 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  
BLOW not hook*******
casedeez 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2004 at 1:58 AM / IP Logged  

First off let me say wow. This was a bad situation. Rob, you were a good help to Neon and although you wernt the one that authorized the deal to take place you made it happen. You said give credit where it is deserved or something like that. Well my friend you deserve some of the credit for making it happen.

Neon, I dont know what you know about car audio. Maybe a ton, maybe not. Either way you should make sure and get things hooked up properly.

Page of 7

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic