icon

box / enclosure software

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigmikeww 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2004 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
does anyone know of a software that you can see what a box might look like in a particular car?
I mean if a guy says he has a explorer, and whats to see a few different options on what different boxes might look like in it.
does anyone know of a software that does this?
Disaster092 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2004 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

I dont know of a software that is going to give you the look of a particular enclosure in a particular car. I doubt that there is software that can even do that. Simply because there are way too many enclosures, and way too many cars to be compiled into a single program.

However, I do know of software that can show you what an enclosure would look like without the car around it. It's called Solid Works. Now it's not cheap by any means, but what it can do is amazing. My father uses it daily. It is a 3d CAD-type program that allows you to build seperate parts of items, and then assemble them in that same program, plus you can import the parts into the drawing portion of the program and make yourself some blueprints. Click this link to see some screenshots of my latest project....  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=29203&PN=1 

You can also show dimensions of literally anything. I found it to be very useful in this project. The program is a little tough to get used to at first, but once you get goin, its a very simple program. Just like Photoshop and others.

defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2004 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  

i use autocad mostly.... it allows you to do alot more, but has a very steep learning curve.... plus you can properly create wire diagrams in the system and dimension them accordingly.    strongly recommended if you feel like learning something new.....

bigmikeww 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2004 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
which is the best software out there? and which are good for the money? i really don't want to spend a lot of money.
bigmikeww 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2004 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
any more have any favorites? or know a software thats good and at a reasonable price?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic