the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

sony deck, good enough?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

i had a sony deck, and it would sometimes take 3-4 tryes to load the cd, , it only accepted half of my cd collection.   

Go with an Eclipse or an Alpine and you will be much more pleased.  Even the cheepest of the 2 brands will impress the heck out of you with years of trouble free performance.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2004 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, Here's my 2 cents.
I've run into the same problems with all the sony decks I've had. The skipping is the most common problem. I had one that would ONLY read burned cd's so even when I actually went out and bought someone's new cd....i had to burn a copy to play it in the car. And when it was time to eject the cd, I had to hit the dash for that to happen. Their TV's suck too!!! Spend the extra money and get a Eclipse or Alpine. Either one will last alot longer. Even clarion or sanyo (yeah...sanyo) head units last longer than sony.
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   sony deck, good enough? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
wu_187 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2004 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
I have had a cheezy sony deck for the last two years and they are ok if you can deal with the skipping and the non ejecting disk problems. Oh yeah there is a problem with the text on the screens getting garbled too... and the sound quality sucks as well (turn it up past half way and you get very bad distorsion). I am getting an alpine deck very soon. Sony sucks. Oh yeah dont buy their subwoofers, they rate them funny (300 watts rms sony = 150 rms everyone else), plus they sound like sh*t. I tested out a pair of the five sided subs in my jeep A couple of weeks before they were sold to the public (they were on display in a local car audio place)with my alpine mrd-m500 amp 500w rms @2ohms, and i was maxing out the sub with my volume only at half way!!!. my bass boost on my amp was at only at +6db and my gain was set correctly. needless to say that i didn't buy those subs!!!
sorry about my anti sony rant, but my experience with sony has been nothing but bad.
as quoted from DMX, "Here comes the BOOM!!!"
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic