icon

Reducing road noise, with dynamat?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
icu400 
Copper - Posts: 123
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  
I have found that driving on the highway I get an excess of road noises coming it seems through the doors. The noise interferes with my speakers as it is and I am wondering if dynamat/brownbread will help with that.
If so, where are the most economical places to put it? Between the door and trim panel, under the seets, in the trunk (I drive an explorer) or on the ceiling?
Also is there anything else to do about the noise, replace the rubber o-ring type seals around the door? What do yall recomend
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  
Yes it will definitely help out, line the inside of the exterior door skin, the interior of the interior door skin and underneath the carpeting of the vehicle to start. Brown Bread is highly recommended by many people and is available economically as a shop roll of 70sq.ft.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
icu400 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
whats the best economic way of doing it, short of a 70sqft roll?
I am on a somewhat small budget, I am assuming 10sqft is in no way enough to do much of anything? I could give each door 1 layer and get a portion of the trunk with that though. But what about this peel and seal stuff from home depot. Does it actually do the same thing as brownbread? And I have heard it does not stick well, but does that matter if its under the carpet in the trunk or cabin? Obviously it would matter under the door trim, but what about there?
thanks
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
Peel and seal has a hard time sticking when it gets warm outside, from what I also hear it is wuite smelly. You can also get a half shop roll of Brown Bread as well. Yes it matters, it needs to be adhered to something in order for it to adequately block noise and vibrations.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
icu400 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2004 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
i see, thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic