the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

remote start on a manual with a viper alarm??

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joes_gsr 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2002 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

i recently bought a 2000 Integra GSR.  i was informed by my friend that a viper alarm with remote start would not work on the GSR since it is a manual tranny.  is there anyway to remedy this??

VTEC IS the replacement for displacement.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2002 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
Yes but dont do it  is verry illegal and dangerous. They have remote starts made for this verry purpose if something happens to that car and it hits someone you are liable if using that viper. Your friend is wrong it can be done but it is not advicable to do i would not touch it.
hot_shot_guy123 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2002 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
It can be done.  My friend has a Volkswagon Jetta (2000) and he had a remote start installed in it.  It is a manual trans. too.  He has to leave it in neutral and have the parking brake on.  If he leaves it in gear it will not start or even turn over.  I'm not sure what brand it is, maybe Alpine or Avital?  That's the brands that the shop he went to sells.
"Light travels faster then sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak."
hot_shot_guy123
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2002 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
Direct start makes one i never used it i only read about it they make the  one for manual dont use the viper as it can be done but it is not a good idea.
Jamie Ahmt 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2002 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  

it can be done

Iam a viper installer and i hace installed a viper 550 hf to my merc vito van, using a 5 pin relay and a small made up gear lever ring, the viper will only start the van when it is in neutral, contact me for more info..

Jamie,,,,
steveholtam 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2002 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds dangerous.  Do not cut any corners or you may seriously regret it later.  Do it right or don't do it at all.

Steve
omegamotorsprts 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2002 at 6:28 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a Matrix RS2 on a Nissan 200SX with a manual tranny, it really wasn't hard, I ground out the neut. safety swith, and I bypassed the clutch pedal switch so the car never knew it was depressed, I want to also say that working at a shop myself, I would never do this to a customers car as it's not entirely safe. I make sure I never put my car in gear, I have seen cars left in gear with a remote start, no they don't crank all the way but the car will jump forward, a few years back(5 or 6) a guy called a Best Buy store with his corvette in his dining room because of this very same reason.
stucksittinhere 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2002 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  

Ok i just joined the forum but i was looking at this topic and was hoping i could get some help. i have a manual tranny and wanted to install the remote start. i was wondering Jamie if you could give me the diagram for the remote start safety on the manual transmission, or if any one else could. thanks

Dunbar 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2002 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  

Jamie, please send me info on your setup

dbcoop2001@attbi.com

stucksittinhere 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2002 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  

dunbar, when jamie mails you the info can you mail it to me.

Pyroboy1111@yahoo.com     thanks

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic