icon

directed dual shock sensor wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
davidwp13 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2004 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
 Hi I am trying to hook up the stinger dual stage sensor that CAME with my Python 660XP and am having trouble understanding the diagrams??? I hope no one minds if I send pics. IF I can please help on how to wire. Damn I could not get to send pics. My shock sensor has a blue a red a black and a green that is not connected at one end and a jumper ( green ) at the other end the inst. say to hook up without diodes "cut" green and then I get lost
David
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 24, 2004 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
it should have plugs on both ends and just plugs into the main brain unit....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2004 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
the green is for an extra sensor just plug harnesses in and you are good to go tape that green wire up and that is all !!
davidwp13 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2004 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
 Thanks for the help, I guess I have another problem??? The light in the shock sensor does light at times BUT I can shake and push the vehicle and I get No response not even " warn away " I get the proper chirps when I arm and disarm?? 1 and then 2 If I disabled that zone by mistake wouldn't it let me know with chirps when I arm it??
David
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2004 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
yes it would let you know on arm!! did you turn the shock sensor up with taht little screw inside it?
davidwp13 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2004 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
No I did not know about that. I understand that these are intended for professional install only, BUT the directions are so vague,, I guess not to yall. Do I turn it clockwise to increase sensitivity ?? and about how much at a time??
David
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2004 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
you mentioned that you're shaking and pulling the car? those motions are not likely going to help you trigger any shock sensor. try hitting the car with your fist....preferrably with the doors and windows closed (it's more accurate that way). shock sensors dectect impact and vibration, not movement.
also, after you've armed the alarm, wait around 20 seconds at least before you start testing it. otherwise, if the alarm senses a trigger from the shock sensor too soon after having been armed, it will tend to turn off that "zone" and ignore subsequent triggers.
good luck!
davidwp13 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
  Is there an UP/DOWN, or does it need to level?? or can it be mounted in any position? The dual stage shock sensor?
David
madmods 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
Tie wrap it to a wiring harness. Make sure the adjustment screw faces where you can reach it. Did you plug it in to the brain? So you have 2 green wires? what do you mean there both not connected? Is there a plug on the end of the red,black,and blue wire? Send me pics to ferrari_export@yahoo.com and I will try to help you.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic