icon

2004 hummer h2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2004 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
i did a hummer h2 today for my first time!well lets see its a pain in the ass to take apart with like 3 inch hex keys holding everything in ,(thank god for the air compressor)well what i was utting in was a remote start add on unit a valet model i cant remember. Well i was needing to use the door lock wires in the car for activation from teh starter. This was my first day there and they do a lot of hummers so the shop manger told me to get the lock signal from a relay in the drivers side fuse panel,there were 2 relays there and pin 86 on one relay did pulse a ground on lock but i was testing i think pin 85 which also pulsed on lock but stayed at about 12 volts for a few minutes then went to nothing??? Why?? Also if those were the door lock relays why did it still work with one pulled out??The door locks still worked with one relay pulled out in both directions???
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2004 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
i was under the impresion that a vehicle with a data bus lock system does not use relays it is controlled from a door lock control unit in the door that sends a data signal to the bcm and that will unlock the doors. Those relays were not door lock relays but why is it working!!! Or is the bcm built into the fuse panel in this car? I was so nervous today being it was my first day i was not at my best !! I did not have a tech sheet for this car at the time but now looing at one i find that u can catch door lock wires at a switch somewhere in the rear right panel?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic