icon

will subs cancel one another out

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
colaroaster 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2004 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
i got two jl 10's n 1 cubic foot ported boxes in the rear of my van, faceing the rear. was considering adding two 8" orion's in .5 cubic foot sealed boxes, faceing forward. my question is will these subs cancel one another out, if used in this way? maybe i should get rid of the orions!?
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 19, 2004 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
You'll be setting crossover points differently for the two sets of woofers(?), so I don't think there will be any cancellation problems.  A lot of fine tuning, but it might just sound great.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2004 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
let me get this straight. You have 2 ubs currently, facing the rear (hatch) of the van, and you want to add 2 more, facing in, (towards the cabin) correct? Why are you getting different kinds of subs for this application? Anyhow, if done properly, it shouldnt effect anything. Just be sure to sit there and adjust everything properly.
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
colaroaster 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2004 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  

i got the subs new really cheap for the pair. and they just been sitting in my closet, thought i'd put them to use or sell them to a friend. i dont have an amp for them just yet, was pondering what i could to with them and what it's going to take to get there. so i thought if i could do more too improve the sound, what the hell. wouldn't really take more than building boxes and buying the amp.

Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2004 at 3:32 AM / IP Logged  
setting the cross overs may take some time, and you will need more than just the boxes and the amp.....crossovers will be a critical part of that system to set the subs at the different fhz.
Quad L Handyman services
jfk51502003 
Copper - Posts: 221
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2004 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
HMMM...IS IT WORTH ADDING TWO 8 INCH SUBS TO A TWO 10 SUB SYSTEM...?RATHER GET TWO TENS  AND DOUBLE YOUR CONE SPACE ADDING 3DB GENERALLY...ANY INPUT...?
94bonny 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2004 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
personally i wouldnt mess with the 8"s, after you buy the amp, power cable, crossovers, and spend time setting the crossovers, you might as well gotten two more tens and sold the 8"s
Alpine cda 9813
jl 500/1
eclipse aluminum 15"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic