1993 Buick Regal Door Lock Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Beulah Fatback 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2004 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  

Hey all,

My brother's 1993 Buick Regal Grand Sport has a door lock problem.  When you put it in gear the doors automatically lock.  Then when you stop you are supposed to press unlock and they all unlock.  Sometimes this work and sometimes it doesn't.  When it doesn't work, you can press the unlock button and they lock, lock they lock, drive they lock.  The only way out of the car is to leave the switch on and reach out of the door with the key and unlock the door, then put the key in the switch and roll the window back up.

I think there is a ground problem.  But I have no clue really.

Sorry for the long story, and thanks for the help.

-Beulah Fatback

unc2003 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2004 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  

It sounds as though your friends car has been possessed by devil.  Destroy the car immediately....

Before you judge someone, you should first walk a mile in their shoes. Because then your a mile away, and you have their shoes.
audioconnection 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
sounds as though you have a bad factory switch or someones added aftermarket keyless and there may be a bad relay?? need more info..
remember...Friends Dont let friends Install, Take it to a pro..
Beulah Fatback 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2004 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  

It killed the battery, tring to lock and unlock all night.  We put a new battery in and the same problem.  We disconnected the door lock on the driver side of the car.  There isn't an after market keyless entry that we know of.  We will try a new switch.

I have seen this kind of happen on a friends car.  They spilled pop on the lock switch, and the doors would spontainously lock and then unlock later.  This could be as he bought the car used and the door panel looks clean.

mottyk 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2004 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like a short to me.  This happened to me on a 96 Ford Taurus after a heavy rain.  The door switch contacts needed to be cleaned, I used WD-40, its been working fine since.  Good Luck
Nice guys don't finish last, they are just running in a different race.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic