icon

wire a push button start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
harlyneisenmann 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2004 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
does anyone know what i need besides a relay all i want to do is wire my button and use toggles to turn on my accesories, can anyone help, tell me what i need to buy and what wires go where. please help
Qinstaller 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2004 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  

lets see if I can help.

Question 1: what kind of car are we working on?

Question 2: am I correct? you want to put a key in the Ign. and press a button and the car starts?

Question 3: What Accesories do you want to turn on when you flip your switches?

the more detailed the answers the better we can all help you

MECP Cert.
18 years Exp.
Support your local Installer
Still love what I do! :)
Qinstaller 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2004 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  

Go under the Dash locate the main Wire harnes running up the column this is the ignition harness Locate the Yellow wire this is the main 12v Hot all the time wire. The RED / lt. blue wire is your starter wire.  RED / lt. green is your ignition wire.  gray / YELLOW is the accesory wire.  take 3 relays  line them all the same way with the pins and numbers so you can see them tape the whole pack together using black elect. tape.  Tap the main 12v wire using whatever method you deam best. then hook use this wire and connect it to pins 86 and 87 on all three relays. take the 2 switches wire one end of the switches to a good ground point.  take the first switch and wire the free end to pin 85 on your first relay. we will call this the Ign. relay & switch. wire pin 30 of the Ign Relay to your RED / lt. green wire. now with the second switch do the same thing only connect pin 30 to the gray / YELLOW wire. now when you flip the switches you have Ign. and Acc. wire the Starter button the same way and you should be good to go. remember always test your wires with a DMM. Also let me say that it would be wise to hide your switches because you basicly just hotwired a car for a potintal thief. if he can bust the stearing wheel free he has a free ride. also for a project of this type or any thing even close to it I highly recomend learning how to read a wire sheet and learn how a relay works. both of which can be found on this website. Please if anybody sees somthing wrong with what I just said please chime in it is midnight and im a little inebriated

MECP Cert.
18 years Exp.
Support your local Installer
Still love what I do! :)
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic