icon

2004 GMC Envoy Amplifer Remote Turn On

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
throwdest 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
Wire...where do i hook it up at? Its the only thing i got left to hook up, and i dont know where it goes...theres a fuse box under the back row of seating with some wires going into it, but i dont know what to do with the wire
deboss 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
that wire  (blue) splice it together with hu remote turn on line ,  or you can run it any where to your fuse box where 12volt  comes on when the car is started (acc)
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
are you retaining the factory HU? then use a DEI 55000 to give you a remote turn on voltage.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
throwdest 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
i dont know what any of that means, but im using the factory radio. I just need to know what wire to splice the blue one with....and does anyone know how to hook up a line converter? I just got one but i dont know what wires to splice it with
jussam 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
loc u can use the rear right and left speaker wires and your hu should have a remote turn on .get yourself a 12 vost tester with a buld on it while you have the hu out press the point of the tester into wire and turn key to acc if your bulb lights up, thats your remote wire make sure you have a good ground on the tester
DanDan 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
There is no 12 volt output from the factory radio to turn on an amp for GM anymore. You need to buy an adapter that senses a signal to the speaker level output and will make a turn on voltage for you. PAC makes such a product.
DanDan
throwdest 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
right now i got it hooked up to the 12volt and the amp is always on, can that run my battery down?
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 15, 2004 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
You got advice for 3 different ways to hook it up that work...and you picked a different way altogether.  Why are you still asking?
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic