icon

Anyone use jvc or panasonic headunit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2004 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  

Here is a good deal for a JVC mp3/wma player http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?Productid=13623

$139, and free shipping, cant beat that!

mobile E 
Copper - Posts: 217
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2004 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
i dont really like either.. but im an alpine/eclipse person myself, but I do think if you dont want to spend very much money and you dont expect good sq... then youre good to go with those brands
kevinbo5 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2004 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
I have the JVC KD-AR3000. It has a lot of features and can be had on eBay for under $200.
I know it may not be the quality of an Eclipse, but it does what it advertises and it doesn't look bad doing it.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2004 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
I highly doubt that a panasonic ,or JVC or any other lower end, cd player actually outputs a true 5 volts from its preamp section
davids2004 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2004 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  

Does any head unit actually put out the volts its suppose to.

harvey1959 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2004 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
I'm running an old JVC HU  Casette/Cd controller. Sound quality is not bad.  It was a package deal with the 12 disc changer which was what I really wanted about 4 years ago.  It's still holding up fine and the changer very rarely skips.  The only drawback is the HU (KS-FX12) has no preamp outs.  Tapes sound good, Cds sound very good.
Harv
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2004 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
I dont know any Deck that actually puts out the preout volltage they list in a usable range. At least not at the sub woofer frequencies. I have seen the tests on Alpine decks that say they have 4 or 4.5 volt preouts, cant remember know but anyways when they tested the preouts at high frequencies they were pretty close but at high distortion. When they tested the sub section using actuall usable sub frequencies it didnt even crack 2 volts and again thats at fairly high distortion. That was on a 900 dollar model about 3.5 years ago. That combined by the fact that I hate the sound of my alpine deck really sours me on that brand. Outta the two you listed I sell both and would probally recomend the panasonic decks. I dont mind JVC but I have had almost zero breakdowns on the Panasonic decks where as I cant say the same for JVC. The only downside is the Panasonic EQ's arent the greatest being that they dont have to many variables to adjust.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Planetium 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2004 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  

I used to have the KD-G400, and it was a great deal for the price. I paid $130 for it, and it provided good sound at low volumes. Also, the MP3 capability was nice. Turn it up to high volumes, though, and the lack of a crossover really sucks if you have subwoofers. Within two weeks of getting this HU, obtained at the same time as my Alpine Type-R 6.5" coax speakers and Rockford 12" subs, I needed a crossover. I bought the Pioneer DEH-P560MP, paid 160 for it, and have never regretted the decision.

JVC is good for the price, but go Pioneer if you want quality.

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2004 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  

Eclipse decks output the voltage they claim out of their preamp section. Don't expect a "super eq" or anything on these decks though, but Its not really neccesary because any of the deck's Eclipse make would sound better then a JVC or Panasonic.

xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2004 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
JVC 1150. never use it in the winter time. it sucks and skips all to HECK! it pees me off everytime. i always have to play it for 1/2hr at low level. its a pretty good deck for SQ, but i dunno about clipping trying to find that out pretty soon.
xTimx
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic