icon

’97 Nissan Maxima, RF310 AutoPage

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dusty21271 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, here's the latest - I trailored the car back up to the dealer myself and the dealer STILL has the car and they are nowsaying that they need to replace the wire harness because every time they fix one wire another one breaks and they just don't understand why.   
$972.22 plus tax will be the cost for this.  Here's where I lose my mind... I just paid those (insert expletives here)darn near $1200 for apparently NOTHING and now they want darn near anotherGRAND for something that in my opinion (according to what they are saying)should have been done in the first place.This is EXACTLY why I didn't want to take it to a dealer in the first place!!!!!HELP PLEASE!!!!!
Dusty
jacksonj 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2004 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
Not sure if you've seen this site, http://forums.maxima.org/ but it's all about Maxima's.   After looking at the first 2 pages for the 4th Gen Maxima's seems there are quite a few people with starting issues.
dusty21271 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2004 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  

Jacksonj - Thank you - I have been on that site and you're right - seems to be quite an issue.  Apparently there have been a few "service bulletins" posted by Nissan regarding this/these very issue(s).  I've now contacted Nissan America (out in Cali I believe) to express my absolute disgust with the entire situation - not that I expect that to accomplish anything really - but we'll see. 

I'll continue to keep you all posted - hope you'll be around for the next year or so.... :(

Dusty
dusty21271 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  

Let's update, shall we...  4 trips to the dealer and over $2,000 later, the check engine light is still on, the car still misfires, still smells like gas when it FINALLY starts.  So far they (and by "they" I mean the dealer) have replaced a camshaft position sensor, an O2 sensor, 1 fuel injector (and it was one of the ones I just had replaced in May) repaired several wires, put the stock intake back on the car and I think that's about it.  They tried telling me I needed a new batter (which was/is a bunch of horse poop since the battery in the car is a six month old Energizer) and the last thing they said was the starter was "loose" and will have to be replaced - funny how that never came up the previous 3 trips to them - I told them not to touch it.  AND, they SWEAR it has NOTHING to do with the aftermarket alarm?????  I am in the process of suing the dealership - I mean after them having it for almost three months and paying them almost $2,000 along with their incredibly rude/ignorant attitude and their REFUSAL to give a "loaner" car (which was only asked for after the THIRD trip back to them), I figure they have it coming!!!!

Dusty
ThurzNite 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2004 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
I'm on Maxima.Org... I've had a spell of bad starts. First place to start is figure out why your Check engine light is on. So either buy a code reader for $99.99 from Kragen/PepBoys/Autozone or whatever's close to you and email me the code: thurznite@altimas.net (yeah, I modified 2 altimas before). I'll help you from there. I have a Factory Service Manual for my 97 Maxima so I think I may be of service.
So send me an email and I'll work with you. Good luck.
Jae
ps: I think everybody's right by saying if the alarm's been working fine so far, it's probably not the alarm. :)
dusty21271 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2004 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
Jae - fantastic - will do - good lookin out!!! 
Dusty
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic